Gokyo Lake Trek
“in the shadow of world highest peaks Cho-Oyu & Everest within glacial Gokyo lakes”
“Fascinating cultural and heritage sightseeing tour within historical area of Kathmandu valley
Scenic short flight to and from Lukla with views of Himalayan chain of mountains
Amazing scenery on daily walks exploring Sherpa farm villages and monasteries
Pristine alpine woodlands of tall rhododendron-pines-magnolia-oaks and fir trees
At Gokyo Lakes and on top of Gokyo-Ri with super panorama of world highest peaks”
Brief Trip Outlook:
Mode of the Trip: On Hotels – Tea-Houses and Lodge.
Trek Grade: Moderate to Adventurous with ups and downhill walks.
Trekking duration: 11 nights and 12 days (Lukla to Lukla).
Highest elevation: On top of Gokyo Ri at 5,357 m high.
Total Trip: 15 Nights & 16 Days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu).
Best Season: All season except July & August wet months.
(March to May flowering season)
Gokyo-Ri Panorama trekking, a wonderful combination of cultural journey with interesting walks into traditional Sherpa villages with picturesque views of beautiful sceneries of mountains and rolling green hills.
Nepal Base Camp Trek presents Gokyo-Ri Panorama where you can immerse with fascinating views of mountains exploring its rich cultural villages and monasteries of Buddhist religion in the backdrop of world highest mountains Mt. Everest, Lhotse and Cho-Oyu with other range of peaks.
Gokyo-Ri Panorama adventure begins from the hustle bustle city of Kathmandu exploring its heritage sites of medieval period monuments and places of immense interest and then taking a spectacular short flight to Lukla, where this fabulous trek starts entering into rood of the world surrounded by giant peaks.
Walk leads through interesting Sherpa villages of immense Buddhist culture around Phakding-Monjo and famous Namche Bazaar the main village of Khumbu Sherpa, then heading higher within pristine alpine woodland of rhododendron-pines-birch-firs and oak trees.
Slowly as the walk progress leaving the rich green vegetation for arid and dry landscapes within towering snow capped peaks and glacier fed lakes at beautiful Gokyo, here with time to soak within its awesome scenery as the climb leads to the highest spot of the adventure at Gokyo Ri a 5,357 m high view point offering glorious panorama of Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Cho-Oyu and as far towards world 5th highest Mt. Makalu with series of smaller peaks.
After a mesmerizing moment heading back to Lukla using an alternative quiet and peaceful route past Phortse village to scenic Thyangboche Monastery with splendid views of snowcapped peaks, and finally concluding Gokyo-Ri Panorama adventure at Lukla with a flight back to Kathmandu after a overwhelming and exciting time on high Khumbu valley and mountains with wonderful guidance and services of Nepal Base Camp Trek.
Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu 1,315m and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
Day 03: Fly to Lukla 2,840m and trek to Phakding 2,640m -04 hrs.
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,440m – 06 hrs.
Day 05: Rest day for acclimatization in Namche Bazaar with short hike.
Day 06: Trek to Dole 4,200m – 06 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Machherma 4,470 m – 04 hrs.
Day 08: Trek to Gokyo Lake 4,790m – 04 hrs.
Day 09: 02 hrs hike to Gokyo Ri at 5,357m and walk to Na 4,450 m or further- 04 hrs.
Day 10: Trek to Phortse 3,800 meters – 04 hrs.
Day 11: Trek to Thyangboche 3,867m via Pangboche- 05 hrs.
Day 12: Trek to Monjo 2,840 m via Namche Bazaar – 06 hrs.
Day 13: Trek to Lukla – 04 hrs.
Day 14: Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to respective hotels.
Day 15: In Kathmandu free day for individual activities.
Day 16: International departure for homeward bound.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and check-in to Hotel
The representatives from Nepal Base Camp Treks (Pvt. Ltd.) will welcome you at Tribhuvan International Airport upon your arrival. He/she Assist to transfer you to the hotel for the overnight stay.
Day 02: Full Day Sightseeing Tour of Kathmandu Valley
Today, you will visit main places of Kathmandu valley. In the morning you visit Pashupatinath, Bauddhanath, and Swayambhunath. Pashupatinath is the oldest and holiest Hindu temple; Bauddhanath Stupa and Swayambhunath Stupa are the oldest Buddhist Stupas. After launch you visit Kathmandu durbar square and Patan durbar square. In Kathmandu durbar square, you visit Kumari temple, the temple of Living goddess.
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2804m) and trek to Phakding (2610m) – 3 Hours
We get transferred to the domestic terminal of Kathmandu Domestic Airport this morning to catch our scheduled morning flight to Lukla. After 30 minute long adventurous flight above the breathtaking scenario of Himalayas, we land on the Tenzing-Hillary Airport at Lukla. Lukla is going to be the starting point of our trek. We meet our porters and other crew members and start trekking towards Phadking, which takes around three hours. We stay overnight at a local guesthouse.
Day 04: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3441m) – 5 Hours
We walk through the beautiful forest of pine today. And our walk leads us along the Dudhkoshi River bank through many suspension bridges. We will be crossing Hillary Suspension bridge which is one of the famous suspension bridges in that region. We will have enough opportunity to witness the wonderful views of Mount Thamserku (6618m) during the walk. Passing through the settlements of Benkar and Monjo, we eventually arrive at the entrance to the Sagarmatha National Park. We still have a last village of Jorsale before reaching Namche. Following the trail ascending through the forests and bridges and overlooking the beautiful views of Mount Everest, Lhotse and Nuptse, we continue our journey towards Namche. Namche is the gateway to Mount Everest and is also the main trading center of the region. We check into the guesthouse and stay there overnight lodge.
Day 05: Acclimatization at Namche Bazaar
Today is going to be a rest day at Namche. But, as our Health Experts suggest, we need to stay active and moving during the rest days instead of being idle. Hence, we either take a day hike to Thame or visit Khunde for purpose of proper acclimatization. We can even stay at Namche and explore the Bazaar itself. You can visit the Tourist Visitor Center near the Headquarter of Sagarmatha National Park where you can observe an assortment of things which are related to the First Everest Climbers and Sherpa Culture. We stay overnight at a lodge.
Day 06: Trek from Namche to Dole (4110m) – 6 Hours
Today, we climb steeply out of Namche Bazaar up to the Kyangjuma village from where we can enjoy outstanding views of Thamserku and Amadablam. We pass through Mong La and stop at its top to enjoy the grandstanding views of surrounding snowcapped mountains and valleys while we have our lunch. We will get chance to observe various flora and fauna including wildflowers and rhododendrons. We finally reach Dole, where we stay overnight.
Day 07: Trek from Dole to Machhermo (4470m) – 5 Hours
From Dole, we head towards Machhermo today. Our trail is not going to be that strenuous and you will have opportunity to enjoy the amazingly spectacular natural beauty on the way. You can also observe the excellent views of mountains including Cho Oyu, Kantega and Thamserku. We reach at Machhermo after the walk of about five hours. We stay overnight at Machhermo.
Day 08: Trek from Machhermo to Gokyo Lake (4800m) – 5 Hours
From Machhermo, we move onwards along various lakes on the way. Continuing gradually uphill, we reach Gokyo for our lunch. We stay overnight at the camp at Gokyo.
Day 09: Climb up to Gokyo Ri and return back to Dole – 7 Hours
Today, we hike up to Gokyo Ri for our ultimate goal to see the wonderful views of Himalayas including Mount Everest. If the weather is fine, you can spend few hours at the top of Gokyo Ri. We then descend to Dole where we stay overnight.
Day 10: Trek from Dole to Namche Bazaar – 5 Hours
We take the morning breakfast and retrace our route back to Namche today. We check into the guesthouse and stay overnight.
Day 11: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Phakding – 4 Hours
From Namche, our trail descends through the forest of pines, juniper, magnolia, birch and rhododendrons. Crossing the highest suspension bridge over Dudh Koshi River, we eventually reach our final check point at Jorsale. Continuing further for about an hour and half will bring you to Phakding. We stay overnight at a guesthouse.
Day 12: Trek from Phakding to Lukla – 5 Hours
Today is going to be the final day of our trekking and we return back to Lukla from Phakding. We check into the hotel in Lukla and stay there overnight. at lodge.
Day 13: Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu
We get the scheduled morning flight to Kathmandu from Lukla. The flight is going to be very scenic and adventurous. On arriving Kathmandu, you can take your time to go for your last minute shopping or you can choose to explore the city even more. We stay overnight at a hotel.
Day 14: Final Departure
We are saying good bye to the Kathmandu as your journey in Nepal comes to an end today! We will transfer you to the airport for your returning flight.
What Is Included (cost includes)
1) All international /domestic Airport pickups and drops by private vehicle
2) Tourist standard hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
3) Teahouse accommodation twin sharing bed from Kathmandu to Kathmandu
4) All menu selected meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with tea /coffee during the trek
5) Domestic flights fare (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu)
6) Everest trek Entrance fees, TIMS card
7) An experienced mountain guide, English-speaking under government-license and assistant trekking guide (6 group: 1 assistant guide)
8) Porter service Lukla to Lukla (1 porter each 2 client)
9) all Staff costs included their well paid salary, high altitude insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation from Kathmandu to Kathmandu
10) Everest trekking map and adventure mountain certificate are yours to take
11) All necessary paperwork
12) Medical kit (carried by assistance guide)
13) All government vat and local taxes
What is not included (not includes)
1) Nepal visa fee available in Kathmandu Airport and vaccination
2) Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
3) meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
4) your travel and rescue insurance covers up to 19000ft
5) all Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, during the trek)from Lukla to Lukla
6) Tipping for guide and porter(s) and driver
Size of group: 1-12 people
Highest-Point: 5,357 m/17,570ft
Fitness level: Moderate
Arrival on: Kathmandu, Nepal
Departure from: Kathmandu, Nepal
Selected Meals: Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals during the trek
Accommodation: Hotel in Kathmandu and tea houses during the trek
On 16 days Gokyo Lake Trek we experience the astounding iconic mountain views including Mount Everest and the glimpses of the life of the world famous Sherpa people (the climbers) after entering Sagarmatha National Park,a highest world heritage tour site of high altitude Himalayan Buddhist monasteries before accomplishing our unleash goal-reaching Everest Gokyo lake Valley of the world's tallest peak ,Everest. Trip to the popular Everest Base Camp also provides us the lifetime opportunity to embark on an epic journey that Tenzing Norgay and Sir Edmund Hillary set off to in 1953.
Our 16 days itinerary of Everest Gokyo Lake Valley Trek is designed for those trekkers who are in good physical shape with good health. Some time if you wish to take much challenge and trek off the beaten trail, then Everest Base Camp Trek to Gokyo Lake valley via alternative Chola Pass would be ideal. Another option for trekkers with limit experienced time would be 14 day Everest Base Camp
We will be staying at Hotel International Guest House,a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu; and teahouses during the trek. All accommodations are on twin-shared basis during the trek. Twin sharing or Single supplement will be served in Kathmandu.
Nepal Base Camp Treks will arrange rooms with attached washrooms; however, tea-houses in some places only have shared washing and toilet facilities. Also note that single rooms are readily available in Kathmandu and the trekking regions at lower elevation but it might be difficult to find them at higher elevations.
- All menu selected meals will be provided during trekking while only breakfast will be available in Kathmandu. There will also be welcome dinner with typical cuisine and Menu selected farewell dinners. While on trek, we have breakfast and dinner in the same tea-houses/lodges we spend the night and lunch on our way to the next destination. Nepalese, Tibetan, the more common continental and Indian cuisines are common choices in the menu.
- Physical Condition & Experience Requirements
- 16 days Everest Gokyo Lake Trek is a moderate for those travelers who can walk up to 6-7 hours (10-15km) a day on an uphill and downhill trail will find this trek fulfilling. It is best that we prepare ourselves for the Everest trek by morning jogging and 1 hours exercising regularly at least a month prior to the start of the trek. Trekking to the Everest Base Camp should be relatively easier for those who have experience walking/trekking in a high altitude environment. Past hiking experience would be an asset but no technical skill is required for this trip. It is also important that we consult our doctor. Participants with pre-existing medical conditions such as heart, lung, and blood diseases should inform Nepal Base Camp Team before booking the trek.
- Best Time to Travel to Everest Gokyo Lake Trek
- The best time to trek to the Everest Gokyo Lake is spring (March to May) and autumn (October to first week of December). The temperature is moderate in these seasons and guarantees amazing panorama views through the trip. Although this trek can be undertaken during winter, the cold temperature might not be suitable for everyone.
|1.||Everest Gokyo Lake Trek||Private||$ 1290||Available||Book Now|