Lantang Tamang Heritage Trail Trek
‘on ancient Tamang heritage trail around Langtang region with grand views of mountains’
“Interesting cultural sightseeing tour within historical areas of Kathmandu valley
Exciting and scenic drive towards Central Himalaya range around Langtang area
Superb scenery of snow-clad peaks on daily walks around Tamang cultural heritage trail
Serene forest of rhododendron-pines-magnolia-oaks trees where Red Panda’s dwell
Exploring Buddhist religion and culture in the country of Tamang ancient heritage villages”
Brief Trip Outlook:
Mode of the Trip: On Hotels – Home-Stay and Lodge.
Trek Grade: Moderate with ups and downhill walks.
Trekking duration: 07 nights and 08 days (With drive both ways).
Highest elevation: At 2,607 m in Tatopani (Hot spring village)
Total Trip: 10 Nights & 11 Days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu).
Best Season: All season except July & August wet months.
(March to May flowering season)
Nepal Base Camp Trek presents a cultural and scenic country walk around high Langtang Himal area around Rasuwa district on Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking, a weeklong holiday of immense views and cultural interest exploring Tamang traditional villages as it was for past hundred of centuries.
Tamang people are of Tibetan and Mongolian origin, the ancient tribes migrated to Nepal past 5,000 years back, when Kathmandu valley was still a lake.
History shows Tamang as original a horsemen (Ta for horse and mar red in Tibetan) riding on red horse a cavalry soldiers of past many kings and royal of Tibet and Mongolia, migrated to North Mid East / Mid West of Nepal hundred of centuries ago.
At present Tamang villages are all around Kathmandu valley and beyond retaining its past glory of ancient culture and heritage.
Nepal Base Camp Trek takes the delight introducing this scenic and cultural country walks on the high mid hills of Langtang and Ganesh Himal areas which lies close to Tibet border.
Starting with sightseeing tour of Kathmandu medieval and Buddhist areas of old Swayambhunath and Bouddhanath Stupas, then on the scenic drive to North of Kathmandu to reach Rasuwa district at Dhunche and Syabrubesi villages where this wonderful trek begins.
Walk leads to beautiful forested areas of tall rhododendron-pines-oaks and bamboos where rare and elusive Red Panda habitats in the backdrop of high giant peaks of Ganesh and Langtang Himal range of mountains.
Journey leads towards several interesting Tamang villages of Gatlang-Tatopani (hot spring), Thuman and Briddim where you can marvel its ancient culture and traditions exploring its villages and monasteries.
After a wonderful time heading back to the road head at Syabrubesi for the drive back to Kathmandu, where our marvelous and enjoyable Tamang Heritage Trail concludes.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu 1,315m | 4,270ft and transfer o hotel.
Day 02: In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour at places of interest.
Day 03: Drive to Syabrubesi 1,460 m – 07 hrs journey.
Day 04: Trek to Gatlang 2,200 m – 05 hrs.
Day 05: Trek to Tatopani 2,607 m – 06 hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Thuman 2,400 m via Nagthali – 06 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Briddim 2,345 m – 06 hrs.
Day 08: Trek to Lama Hotel 2, 350 m – 06 walks.
Day 09: Trek to Syabrubesi- 06 hrs.
Day 10: Drive back to Kathmandu – 06 hrs.
Day 11: International departure for homeward bound.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,327 m and transfer to hotel.
On reaching Kathmandu international airport via various respective airlines, our Nepal Base Camp Treks guide or staff will receive you with warm welcome and then a short drive to your hotel in the heart of Kathmandu city.
After checking in your hotel rooms and getting refreshed join at the hotel lobby for group briefing and orientation program where our guide informs you regarding hotels, Kathmandu, Nepali culture, Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking with welcome dinner in a pleasant authentic Nepalese restaurant with culture program.
Day 02: In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour and trek preparations.
In Kathmandu morning after breakfast and at given time our city guide will pick you up for sightseeing tour around places of interest around Kathmandu old part of the city, Kathmandu is famous for world heritage sites with tour of Pashupatinath a holy temple, Bouddhanath Stupa a Buddhist pilgrimage spot or tour of Kathmandu old Durbar (palace) Square and ancient 2,500 years old Swayambhunath, afternoon free for Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking preparation.
Day 03: Drive to Syabrubesi 1,460 m - 07 hrs journey.
Morning an exciting drive towards Rasuwa district to Langtang region as the ride leads towards high hills of with views of Himalayan peaks and rolling green hills, passing through many farm villages and towns to reach at a nice Tamang village at Syabrubesi after passing through Dhunche town, where Langtang National Park begins.
Syabrubesi located in the shadow of massive Central Himal of Ganesh and Langtang mountain range, a door to many treks to Langtang and Ganesh Himal area and as well route to Tibet border.
Day 04: Trek to Gatlang 2,200 m - 05 hrs.
From Syabrubesi, our first day walk begins following along a gentle and winding uphill trail on the road to Goljung village, with super views of Ganesh and Langtang Himal, after Goljung village a nice walk with short ups and down path to a large scattered Tamang village in Gatlang for overnight stop in of its few fine and cozy Home Stay cottage and huts.
Gatlang village has an old monastery where visitors are welcomed with warm hospitality and a Khada (silk scarf) of Buddhist culture, afternoon visit the monastery and make friends with the villagers.
Day 05: Trek to Tatopani 2,607 m - 06 hrs.
After a nice time and homely hospitality of Gatlang people, morning walk leads to a short descend close to newly built Chilime Hydropower project at River Chilime. From here walk leads to cross a suspension bridge over Chilime River which flows from Tibet, and with an uphill for few hours till Tatopani village is reached for overnight stop.
Tatopani means Hot Water in Nepali, this village with natural hot spring nearby, afternoon free at leisure and to enjoy the hot spring pool which is refreshing and cure of many diseases.
Day 06: Trek to Thuman 2,400 m via Nagthali - 06 hrs.
Morning after a refreshing time in Tatopani and with spectacular views of Ganesh Himal, starting morning walk with a climb into dense forest of rhododendron, pines, magnolia and oaks tree lines to reach at Nagthali Danda, a fantastic view point at Nagthali Danda over looking panorama of Langtang Lirung, Ganesh Himal and array of adjoin peaks, after a great time with the views heading downhill to our next overnight stop at Thuman village another nice village with farm life and old culture.
Day 07: Trek to Briddim 2,345 m - 06 hrs.
From Thuman village, morning walk begins with a descend to river Trisuli, looking over the trail to Tibet in the far distance, after crossing a river with a long downhill to our overnight stop at Briddim. This is another pretty farm village with old monastery, afternoon visit this old monastery treasures many historical artifacts along with the tall statue of Sakyamuni Buddha and of Guru Ringboche “Padmasamba” with time to explore the village of Briddim.
Day 08: Trek to Lama Hotel 2, 350 m - 05 hrs.
After Briddim village with great interesting time, walk from here leads to downhill back to Trisuli River after passing Khangjim village and close to Syabrubesi village, starting with 2-3 hours climb and then on the good trail passing farm fields and terraces, walk continues arriving at River side lodge located on the junction to Upper or Thulo Syabru and trail to Langtang valley joins, our overnight stop will be in the middle of forest at Lama Hotel.
Day 09: Trek to Syabrubesi- 06 hrs.
Morning after breakfast with great time around high hills of Langtang area exploring Tamang villages of great interest, our last day walk of this fabulous trip leads downhill most of the way to reach the bridge above Bhote-Kosi (Upper Trisuli River) and then a pleasant walk back to Syabrubesi village.
Day 10: Drive back to Kathmandu - 06 hrs.
After a great country walk on the scenic trail around Langtang area visiting interesting Tamang villages, morning journey as the drive leads back to Kathmandu with few rest stops for refreshment and lunch, after 6 hours of good drive reaching back at busy city life in Kathmandu.
Day 11: Final International departure homeward bound.
Last day in amazing Nepal with awesome time in the high hills around Langtang and trekking on Tamang Heritage Trail, our staff will transfer you to Kathmandu international airport for your final flight back homeward bound or to respective countries.
- Airport Pick up drop (Airport /Hotel/Airport) by private car/van/Bus.
- Hotel in Kathmandu: Two night's tourist standard Hotel in Katmandu with breakfast basis.
- Welcome dinner and farewell dinner in Kathmandu
- Meals During Trek: Your standard meals in mountain (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking. Tea or coffee four times a day in cup during the trek
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing (Kathmandu Darbar Square, Swayambhunath Stupa, Bouddhanath Stupa and Pashipati Temple
- Accommodation In Trekking: All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekking permit: 'Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) Permit. And Everest National park permits
- Toilet paper during the trek
- All necessary paper works.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by car/.
- Special Upper Mustang Trekking U$D (500) and ACAP Permit.
- Guide: An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide,
- Porters: Experience Trekking Porters (1 porter for 2 clients). And all Their well-paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter.)
- Adventure Certificate: Our Company provides Adventure Certificate.
- Arrangement of emergency helicopter service which will be paid by your travel insurance company. Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge
- Drop to airport by car/van/Bus
Cost does not include on:
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Katmandu). Your Travel and rescue insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All the Food in Kathmandu. Also in the case of early return from mountain (due to any reason) Than the scheduled Itinerary.
- All the expenses in mountain over than scheduled itinerary (due to strike, delay or canceled flight)
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu if arrive early or late departure than schedule Itinerary.
- All the Bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, bottle of water, hot water, shower.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
Size of group: 1-12 people
Fitness level: Moderate
Arrival on: Kathmandu, Nepal
Departure from: Kathmandu, Nepal
Selected Meals: Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals during the trek
Accommodation: Hotel in Kathmandu and tea houses during the trek
On 16 days Everest Base Camp Trek we experience the astounding iconic mountain views including Mount Everest and the glimpses of the life of the world famous Sherpa people (the climbers) after entering Sagarmatha National Park,a highest world heritage tour site of high altitude Himalayan Buddhist monasteries before accomplishing our unleash goal-reaching Everest Base Camp of the world's tallest peak ,Everest. Trip to the popular Everest Base Camp also provides us the lifetime opportunity to embark on an epic journey that Tenzing Norgay and Sir Edmund Hillary set off to in 1953.
Our 16 days itinerary of Everest Base Camp Trek is designed for those trekkers who are in good physical shape with good health. Some time if you wish to take much challenge and trek off the beaten trail, then Everest Base Camp Trek to Gokyo Lake valley via alternative Chola Pass would be ideal. Another option for trekkers with limit experienced time would be 14 day Everest Base Camp
Included in the Cost
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- 3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation during the Everest base camp trek
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu)
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/monument visits as per the itinerary
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek guide (6 trekkers: 1 assistant guide)
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation
- Down filled jacket and sleeping bag (to be returned after trip completion)
- Trekking bag/duffel bag, trekking pole and trekking map are yours to take
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes
We will be staying at Hotel International Guest House,a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu; and teahouses during the trek. All accommodations are on twin-shared basis during the trek. Twin sharing or Single supplement will be served in Kahmandu.
Nepal Base Camp Treks will arrange rooms with attached washrooms; however, teahouses in some places only have shared washing and toilet facilities. Also note that single rooms are readily available in Kathmandu and the trekking regions at lower elevation but it might be difficult to find them at higher elevations.
- All menu selected meals will be provided during trekking while only breakfast will be available in Kathmandu. There will also be welcome dinner with typical cuisine and Menu selected farewell dinners. While on trek, we have breakfast and dinner in the same tea-houses/lodges we spend the night and lunch on our way to the next destination. Nepalese, Tibetan, the more common continental and Indian cuisines are common choices in the menu.
- Physical Condition & Experience Requirements
- 16 days Everest Base Camp Trek is a moderate for those travelers who can walk up to 6-7 hours (10-15km) a day on an uphill and downhill trail will find this trek fulfilling. It is best that we prepare ourselves for the Everest trek by morning jogging and 1 hours exercising regularly at least a month prior to the start of the trek. Trekking to the Everest Base Camp should be relatively easier for those who have experience walking/trekking in a high altitude environment. Past hiking experience would be an asset but no technical skill is required for this trip. It is also important that we consult our doctor. Participants with pre-existing medical conditions such as heart, lung, and blood diseases should inform Himalayan Glacier before booking the trek.
- Best Time to Travel to Everest Base Camp Trek
- The best time to trek to the Everest Base Camp is spring (March to May) and autumn (October to first week of December). The temperature is moderate in these seasons and guarantees amazing panorama views through the trip. Although this trek can be undertaken during winter, the cold temperature might not be suitable for everyone.
|S.N.||Trip||Trip Dates||Price||Space Lece|
|1.||Everest Base Camp Trek||20 Dec/2016 - 20 Jan 2017||$ 1260||6||Book Now|