Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek
“journey into remote North mid West Himalaya around hidden villages of Tsum”
“An adventure around North Mid-West Himalaya hidden country with fascinating views
Around high Manaslu Tsum Valley within traditional villages beneath towering Ganesh Himal
Exceptional views on daily walks in the backdrop of Tsum tribe cultural villages
Pristine forest of tall rhododendron-pines-magnolia-oaks and fir trees in complete wilderness
Awesome panorama of massive Ganesh Himal with Manaslu range of peaks
From warm subtropical to alpine cool temperatures and around mountainous zone”
Brief Trip Outlook:
Mode of the Trip: On Hotels-Lodge or Camping.
Trek Grade: Moderate to Adventurous.
Trekking duration: 14 Nights and 15 Days (with drive both ways).
Highest elevation: At Mu Gompa 3,700 m high.
Total Trip: 17 Nights & 18 Days (Kathmandu-Kathmandu).
Seasons: April to June and September to November
Manaslu Tsum Valley of Happiness, the name translates from Tibetan language means “Beyul Kyimolung” for valley of happiness where the local migrated from Tibet some 300 years ago bringing in rich culture and custom where the Tibetan origin religion and custom still retains to this day around this high hidden country of Tsum Valley.
Nepal Base Camp Trek with perfect planning introduce this fabulous and least explored areas of Manaslu Tsum Valley of Happiness trekking, where our expert guides will show you’re the wonders of this remote and isolated Tsum villages located on the laps of great Ganesh Himal or Yangri in local language and in Tibetan, as Manaslu Tsum Valley was an earlier trading route of Nepal and Tibet, where the exchange and movement of people still continues to this day.
Our journey to Manaslu Tsum Valley of Happiness leads on the same route of Manaslu trail for few days, and then our adventure diverts towards hidden and complete wilderness to reach fascinating villages of Chumling, Chokhan-paro, Nele and around high Mu Gompa including a visit of Rachen Gompa where you will be spellbound with its dynamic scenery of mountains and dramatic landscapes.
After exploring its rich cultural villages and old interesting monasteries, our journey concludes heading back following the raging Buri-Gandaki River downstream to warmer areas of Arughat and Soti-Khola villages for the drive towards Kathmandu with fond memories and fantastic time in and Around Manaslu Tsum Valley of Happiness.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu 1,315m | 4,270ft and transfer o hotel.
Day 02: In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour at places of interest.
Day 03: Drive to Soti Khola 730m via Arughat 600m – 07 hrs journey.
Day 04: Trek to Machha khola 930m – 06 hrs
Day 05: Trek to Jagat 1,410m – 06 hrs
Day 06: Trek to Lakuwa 2,2400m – 05 hrs
Day 07: Trek to Chumling 2,386 m – 06 hours.
Day 08: Trek to Chokhan-paro 3,010 m – 05 hours.
Day 09: Trek to Nele 3,361m after a visiting Milereppa cave – 07 hours.
Day 10: Trek to Mu Gompa 3,700 m – 04 hours.
Day 11: Rest day at Mu Gompa visit local village and monastery.
Day 12: Trek to Rachen Gompa 3240m – 05 hours.
Day 13: Trek back to Chumling 2,386 m – 06 hours.
Day 14: Trek to Philim 1590m – 07 hours.
Day 15: Trek to Tatopani (Hot Spring) – 06 hours.
Day 16: Trek to Soti-Khola 7 30 m – 06 hours.
Day 17: Drive back to Kathmandu – 06 hrs.
Day 18: International departure for homeward bound.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,327 m and transfer to hotel.
On reaching Kathmandu international airport via various respective airlines, our Nepal Base Camp Treks guide or staff will receive you with warm welcome and then a short drive to your hotel in the heart of Kathmandu city.
After checking in your hotel rooms and getting refreshed join at the hotel lobby for group briefing and orientation program where our guide informs you regarding hotels, Kathmandu, Nepali culture including Manaslu Tsum Valley of Happiness Trekking with welcome dinner in a pleasant authentic Nepalese restaurant with culture program.
Day 02 In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour and trek preparations.
In Kathmandu morning after breakfast and at given time our city guide will pick you up for sightseeing tour around places of interest around Kathmandu old part of the city, Kathmandu is famous for world heritage sites with tour of Pashupatinath a holy temple, Bouddhanath Stupa a Buddhist pilgrimage spot or tour of Kathmandu old Durbar (palace) Square and ancient 2,500 years old Swayambhunath, afternoon free for Manaslu Tsum Valley of Happiness Trekking preparation.
Day 03: Drive to Soti Khola 730m via Arughat 600m - 07 hrs journeys.
Manaslu Tsum Valley of Happiness trekking begins with an exciting drive towards Nepal’s Mid West around Gorkha and Dhading region as the ride leads towards high hills of with views of fabulous Ganesh II at 7,118 m and Ganesh IV 7,104 m and rolling green hills, passing through many farm villages and towns to reach at Arughat village and then taking another vehicle for short drive to Soti Khola following the raging Buri Gandaki River to reach our first overnight stop at Soti-Khola a small farm village.
Day 04: Trek to Machha khola 930 m - 05 hrs.
Morning walk leads to slow descent towards river banks with number of small tea shops and coming across mule trains on its way to Machhakhola and beyond, our journey continues using the Nepalese traditional stone paved staircase, then crossing over Nauli Khola (stream) with a view of cascading waterfalls and reaching at Khanigaon. From this small farm village with few hours of walk leads to a bridge over Machha khola after crossing the suspension bridge a short ascent to reach our overnight stop at Machha Khola village, a small settlement with stream for fishing smaller fishes, as this village is named after macha meaning fish river or stream.
Day 05: Trek to Jagat 1,410 m - 06 hrs.
From Macha Khola our morning journey leads along the Buri Gandaki river upstream reaching another small village at Khorla Beshi and then walking on the gradual winding path reaching a place called Tato pani with natural hot spring water near the forested area, after a break here walk leads past Dovan and Yaruphant villages, following the Buri Gandaki River and then crossing a short suspension bridge to Jagat village for overnight stop, a reasonable size village with shops and small guest house and lodge.
Day 06: Trek to Lakuwa 2,2400m - 05 hrs.
From Jagat, morning walk leads to higher areas passing scattered farm villages with short climb and downhill to cross over a bridge to reach at Nagjet and Philim, a large village with spread-out farm houses. After Philim walk through farm terraces of golden fields of wheat and barley, then a climb on rocky ridge top into bamboo forest area to our overnight stop at Lakuwa on leaving the main trail of Manaslu trekking route.
Day 07: Trek to Chumling 2,386 m - 06 hours.
After Lakuwa village and leaving the Burigandkai River for a week, our walk heads towards Manaslu Tsum Valley into the valley of happiness, as our route enters narrow gorge then with short descend and uphill climb into rhododendron and pine tree forest walking past small farm villages then climbing above Lungwa Khola to reach at Chumling village for first overnight in Tsum Valley.
Day 08: Trek to Chokhan-paro 3,010 m - 05 hours.
From here altitude slowly gains with the mountain views of Ganesh Himal peaks, as the villages and landscapes looks similar to Tibetan windswept plateau. Morning walks with downhill to cross a bridge over Smatiking Khola, with views of Ganesh Himal also known as Yangra at 7,422 m high, walk slowly leads at Chokhan-paro village for overnight stop.
Day 09: Trek to Nele 3,361m after a visiting Milereppa cave - 07 hours.
After Chokan-paro heading closer at upper Tsum area to Nele (Ne-lay) starting with a climb onto open valley and windswept country with few small trees that survives around this arid terrain.
Walk continues uphill with views of Ganesh and Manaslu Himal, after a pleasant walk reach at Nele on the way with visit to an old cave of 11th Centaury Saint Milereppa famous and popular among Buddhist as poet, singer, tantric guru his folk-tales and songs are still remembered by Tibetans and Buddhist alike.
Day 10: Trek to Mu Gompa 3,700 m - 04 hours.
Morning walk starts on reaching the highest point at Mu Gompa and main destination of this adventure, as the walk continues to climb on high arid terrain offering views of high peaks on the way to Mu Gompa for overnight stop.
Day 11: Rest day at Mu Gompa to explore the local village and monastery.
Rest with free day at Mu Gompa to visit villages and interesting old Mu Gompa with ancient antique scrolls, statue and relics this is one of the most important monastery of Tsum and Manaslu area.
Day 12: Trek to Rachen Gompa 3240m - 05 hours.
After an interesting and wonderful time at Mu Gompa return journey visiting another impressive monastery of Rachen Gompa, walk leads on nice path with few short climbs and downhill passing few small villages of cattle herders to reach at Rachen Gompa for overnight stop, afternoon visit Rachen monastery.
Day 13: Trek back to Chumling 2,386 m - 06 hours.
Today our last day at Tsum valley, as the morning walk leads to a long descend to Chumling village passing farm areas and then back into tree lines, after a long downhill walk of 6 hours reaching at Chumling village for last overnight stop around Tsum.
Day 14: Trek to Philim 1,590 m - 07 hrs
From Chumling village, morning walk downhill following river downstream with views of waterfalls then reaching villages of Samba, Tingding Chhupyang till our walk ends at Philim village for overnight stop.
This is a nice farm village with school supported by Japanese (as Mt. Manaslu was first climbed by Japanese so this area is a favorite among Japanese)
Day 15: Trek to Tatopani 1, 240 m - 06 hours.
From here onwards on warmer area with paddy fields, after a breakfast walk leads to Tatopani following Buri Gandaki River through several small villages of Nagjet, Sidibas Bazaar and Jagat. Walk further descends at Yaruphant, then to lower area with dramatic change in vegetation, finally ending six hours walk to our overnight stop at Tatopani a small farm village with hot spring as Tatopani in Nepali means 'hot water', afternoon enjoy the hot springs and relax. The local believes that the spring water have a natural power to cure various disease and wounds.
Day 16: Trek to Soti Khola 730 m - 06 hours.
After a nice time at Tatopani and hot spring, morning walk leads to Soti Khola walking along the Budhi Gandaki River downstream, after hours of good walk reaching at Gurung village of Labubesi, from here walk further through terraced fields and waterfalls to reach our last overnight stop at Soti-khola.
Day 17: Drive back to Kathmandu - 06 hrs.
Catching morning views of snow clad peaks, overland drive leads to a long winding downhill through interesting towns and villages, heading to warmer area and back into rural farm country and villages to reach around farm country of Gorkha and Dhading districts.
After Dhadingbesi area our drive concludes at Kathmandu, then transfer to your hotels around Thamel area, with free afternoon for individual activities.
Day 18: Final International departure homeward bound.
Last day in amazing Nepal with wonderful and enjoyable time around Manaslu Tsum Valley of Happiness Trekking, our staff will transfer you to Kathmandu international airport for your final flight back homeward bound or to respective countries.
- Airport Pick up drop (Airport /Hotel/Airport) by private car/van/Bus.
- Hotel in Kathmandu: Two night's tourist standard Hotel in Katmandu with breakfast basis.
- Welcome dinner and farewell dinner in Kathmandu
- Meals During Trek: Your standard meals in mountain (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking. Tea or coffee four times a day in cup during the trek
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing (Kathmandu Darbar Square, Swayambhunath Stupa, Bouddhanath Stupa and Pashipati Temple
- Accommodation In Trekking: All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekking permit: Special Manaslu Tsum Valley and MCAP Permit
- Toilet paper during the trek
- All necessary paper works.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by car/.
- All Ground Transportation
- Guide: An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide,
- Porters: Experience Trekking Porters (1 porter for 2 clients). And all Their well-paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter. (Guide flight Katmandu / Lukla/ Katmandu.)
- Adventure Certificate: Our Company provides Adventure Certificate.
- Arrangement of emergency helicopter service which will be paid by your travel insurance company. Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge
- Drop to airport by car/van/Bus
Cost does not include on:
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Katmandu). Your Travel and rescue insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All the Food in Kathmandu. Also in the case of early return from mountain (due to any reason) Than the scheduled Itinerary.
- All the expenses in mountain over than scheduled itinerary (due to strike, delay or canceled flight)
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu if arrive early or late departure than schedule Itinerary.
- All the Bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, bottle of water, hot water, shower.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
Size of group: 1-12 people
Fitness level: Moderate
Arrival on: Kathmandu, Nepal
Departure from: Kathmandu, Nepal
Selected Meals: Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals during the trek
Accommodation: Hotel in Kathmandu and tea houses during the trek
On 16 days Everest Base Camp Trek we experience the astounding iconic mountain views including Mount Everest and the glimpses of the life of the world famous Sherpa people (the climbers) after entering Sagarmatha National Park,a highest world heritage tour site of high altitude Himalayan Buddhist monasteries before accomplishing our unleash goal-reaching Everest Base Camp of the world's tallest peak ,Everest. Trip to the popular Everest Base Camp also provides us the lifetime opportunity to embark on an epic journey that Tenzing Norgay and Sir Edmund Hillary set off to in 1953.
Our 16 days itinerary of Everest Base Camp Trek is designed for those trekkers who are in good physical shape with good health. Some time if you wish to take much challenge and trek off the beaten trail, then Everest Base Camp Trek to Gokyo Lake valley via alternative Chola Pass would be ideal. Another option for trekkers with limit experienced time would be 14 day Everest Base Camp
Included in the Cost
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- 3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation during the Everest base camp trek
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu)
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/monument visits as per the itinerary
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek guide (6 trekkers: 1 assistant guide)
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation
- Down filled jacket and sleeping bag (to be returned after trip completion)
- Trekking bag/duffel bag, trekking pole and trekking map are yours to take
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes
We will be staying at Hotel International Guest House,a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu; and teahouses during the trek. All accommodations are on twin-shared basis during the trek. Twin sharing or Single supplement will be served in Kahmandu.
Nepal Base Camp Treks will arrange rooms with attached washrooms; however, teahouses in some places only have shared washing and toilet facilities. Also note that single rooms are readily available in Kathmandu and the trekking regions at lower elevation but it might be difficult to find them at higher elevations.
- All menu selected meals will be provided during trekking while only breakfast will be available in Kathmandu. There will also be welcome dinner with typical cuisine and Menu selected farewell dinners. While on trek, we have breakfast and dinner in the same tea-houses/lodges we spend the night and lunch on our way to the next destination. Nepalese, Tibetan, the more common continental and Indian cuisines are common choices in the menu.
- Physical Condition & Experience Requirements
- 16 days Everest Base Camp Trek is a moderate for those travelers who can walk up to 6-7 hours (10-15km) a day on an uphill and downhill trail will find this trek fulfilling. It is best that we prepare ourselves for the Everest trek by morning jogging and 1 hours exercising regularly at least a month prior to the start of the trek. Trekking to the Everest Base Camp should be relatively easier for those who have experience walking/trekking in a high altitude environment. Past hiking experience would be an asset but no technical skill is required for this trip. It is also important that we consult our doctor. Participants with pre-existing medical conditions such as heart, lung, and blood diseases should inform Himalayan Glacier before booking the trek.
- Best Time to Travel to Everest Base Camp Trek
- The best time to trek to the Everest Base Camp is spring (March to May) and autumn (October to first week of December). The temperature is moderate in these seasons and guarantees amazing panorama views through the trip. Although this trek can be undertaken during winter, the cold temperature might not be suitable for everyone.
|S.N.||Trip||Trip Dates||Price||Space Lece|
|1.||Everest Base Camp Trek||20 Dec/2016 - 20 Jan 2017||$ 1260||6||Book Now|