Tent Peak Climbing
“adventure in the heart of picturesque Annapurna Sanctuary and beyond”
“Interesting cultural sightseeing tour within historical areas of Kathmandu valley
Exciting and scenic drive towards North Mid West Himalaya range around Annapurna area
Exceptional views on daily walks visiting traditional Gurung villages of Buddhist culture
Pristine forest of tall rhododendron-pines-magnolia-oaks and fir trees a natural garden
An adventure of a lifetime on top striking Tent Peak with super wide mountain panorama”
Brief Trip Outlook:
Mode of the Trip: On Hotels – Lodge and Camping on climb.
Trek Grade: Moderate to Adventurous.
Climbing Grade: PD + (French and Swiss grading system for alpine climb)
Highest Altitude gain: On top Tent Peak at 5,663 meters high.
Trek & Climb: 13 nights and 14 days (Pokhara to Pokhara with drive both ways).
Total Trip: 18 Nights & 19 Days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu).
Best Season: All season except July & August wet months.
(March to May flowering season)
Tent Trek / Tharpu Chuli Climb an awesome peak of great wonder and fascination shaped as Tent with much rocks and snow near to its top, the name Tent Peak christened by early pioneers and explorer Col Jimmy Roberts in the mid 1960’ and the same person named the area as Annapurna Sanctuary, the place of Gods and natural holy spirit in respect of this beautiful and stunning area.
Tent Peak is also called by local native name as Tharpu Chuli standing high at 5,663 meter one of the most tough and technical peak to climb, however it is one of the popular peak for mountaineers and adventurer and as well for beginners a real challenge of a mountain where you will certainly gain adrenaline adventure experience.
Starting from scenic Pokhara with short drive by the River Modi, and then walk follows along the river side all the way to its glacial source at Annapurna Sanctuary and glaciers.
Walk leads with much climb through traditional farm villages of Ghandruk and Chomrong the home of Gurung tribe the mid hill people of Annapurna area, journey enters deep Modi River gorge at Bamboo and Durali a small settlement, and the slowly walk leads to a wide large plateau at Annapurna Sanctuary and to Annapurna Base Camp with few Lodges for travelers.
From Annapurna base with rest day our real adventure begins entering into the heart of Annapurna Sanctuary and beyond in wilderness towards Tent Peak base camp.
The climb is listed as PD+ which means tough with technical difficulties in some section along the route to its summit top we have used the grading from popular French / Swiss Alpine climbing system.
After much preparations ascent to the top of Tent Peak with full support of our expert guide and then descend safely back to Annapurna base camp for the walk and drive back to Pokhara and Kathmandu, on completing a super and daring adventure of a lifetime experience Tent Trek / Tharpu Chuli Climb.
Tent Trek / Tharpu Chuli Climb offers grand views of Annapurna I (8,091m / 26,545ft) Annapurna South (7,219m/23,693ft), Gangapurna (7,455m /24,457ft) and Annapurna III (7,555m /24,787ft), includes Mt. Machhapuchare “Fish-tail” (6,997m).
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu 1,315m | 4,270ft and transfer o hotel.
Day 02: In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour at places of interest.
Day 03: Drive or fly to Pokhara 950m (30 mins flight and 6 hrs drive)
Day 04: Drive to Nayapul 1,100m and trek to Ghandruk 1,750m.
Day 05: Trek to Chomrong 1,951m – 06 hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Dovan 2,130m via Bamboo 2,050m – 06 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Machhapuchare Base Camp 3,720m – 06 hrs.
Day 08: Trek to Annapurna Base Camp 4,095m – 04 hrs.
Day 09: At Annapurna Base Camp rest day for acclimatization.
Day 10: Trek to Tent peak base camp 4,450 m / 14,600 ft – 05 hrs.
Day 11: Trek to high camp 5,200 m / 17,056 ft – 05 hrs.
Day 12: Climb Tent Peak and return to base camp – 07 hrs.
Day 13: Reserve and contingency day in case of bad weather.
Day 14: Trek back to Annapurna Base Camp – 04 hrs.
Day 15: Trek to Bamboo – 06 hrs.
Day 16: Trek to Jhinu danda with hot spring 1,700m – 05 hours.
Day 17: Trek to Bhirethati 1,100 m and drive back to Pokhara.
Day 18: Drive / Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 19: International departure for home ward bound.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,327 m and transfer to hotel.
On reaching Kathmandu international airport via various respective airlines, our Nepal Base Camp Treks guide or staff will receive you with warm welcome and then a short drive to your hotel in the heart of Kathmandu city.
After checking in your hotel rooms and getting refreshed join at the hotel lobby for group briefing and orientation program where our guide informs you regarding hotels, Kathmandu, Nepali culture, Tent Trek / Tharpu Chuli Climb around Annapurna Sanctuary with welcome dinner in a pleasant authentic Nepalese restaurant with culture program.
Day 02: In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour and trek preparations.
In Kathmandu morning after breakfast and at given time our city guide will pick you up for sightseeing tour around places of interest around Kathmandu old part of the city, Kathmandu is famous for world heritage sites with tour of Pashupatinath a holy temple, Bouddhanath Stupa a Buddhist pilgrimage spot or tour of Kathmandu old Durbar (palace) Square and ancient 2,500 years old Swayambhunath, afternoon free for Tent Trek / Tharpu Chuli Climb preparation.
Day 03: Drive or fly to Pokhara 950m - 06 hrs journey distance 220 k.m.
Morning overland drive on scenic and interesting highway heading towards scenic Pokhara as the drive leads through Himalayan foothills, on reaching Pokhara transfer to your respective hotels near the shore of beautiful Phewa Lake with afternoon free for short walks.
( options by air of 30 minutes flight to Pokhara)
Pokhara valley blessed with nature, an amazing spot for all types of holidays where one can join in adventure sports like paragliding, ultra light flights or Zip-Flyer truly a place of great fascination located beneath towering Annapurna Himalaya with majestic Machhapuchare “Fish Tail’ peak and serene lakes Phewa and Begnas.
Day 04: Drive to Nayapul 1,100m begin trek to Ghandruk 1,750m.
Our adventure starts with fresh morning drive from Pokhara of two hours to reach the mid hills with super views of rolling hills and Annapurna range including majestic Mt. Machhapuchare “The Fish Tail”, as the drive ends at Nayapul (new bridge) on the Pokhara-Baglung / Beni highway.
From Nayapul our journey leads with gradual walk passing nice village of Bhirethati, encountering trekkers, mules and donkey trains, as our walk leads through farm villages following Modi river for some time, and then an uphill climb to reach our first overnight stop at Ghandruk a large Gurung tribe villages.
The Gurung are the main mid hill tribe of Annapurna region, famous as gallant soldiers and mercenaries for British and Indian Gorkha Army.
Day 05: Trek to Chomrong 1,951m - 06 hours.
Morning walk leads at the top of Ghandruk village with a short climb, and then on gentle path for a while with uphill to reach at Kimrong hill top of few tea shops and lodges, from here our route descends to Kimrong valley into cool forested area. On reaching Kimrong River and the village, climb for few hours to Chomrong village, from the top of the village a short descend to overnight stop at Chomrong village. This is the last permanent Gurung village and the gateway to Annapurna Sanctuary and Base Camp trek.
Day 06: Trek to Dovan 2,130m via Bamboo 2,050m - 06 hours.
After Chomrong leads to short downhill through terraced farm fields and at Chomrong River, after crossing a bridge with uphill for an hour to reach at Sinuwa danda a small place with few lodges offering grand views of landscapes and green hills.
From here walk through forest to Bamboo, a small settlement located by the Modi River in the middle of bamboo, rhododendron and oaks forested area.
An hour walks uphill from Bamboo to reach Dovan for overnight stop, situated in the middle of forest and river gorge.
Day 07: Trek to Machhapuchare Base Camp 3,720m via Deurali - 06 hrs.
From Modi River gorge onwards air gets cooler and fresher as the walk enters Annapurna Sanctuary and Base Camp, walking on a winding trail with few ups to Himalaya Hotel near Hinko Cave, located beneath Hiunchuli peak.
Walks leads on glacier and moraine formed by old avalanches, crossing a small bridge near Deurali the last place with lodges before reaching Machhapuchare Base Camp. Here onwards vegetation and tree lines disappears with only high alpine bushes and shrubs. Walk leads to a climb following the raging Modi River upstream to reach at Machhapuchare Base Camp for overnight stop. A well hidden spot with few lodges located beneath North Face of Machhapuchare Peak, from here starting of the Annapurna Sanctuary.
Day 08: Trek to Annapurna Base Camp 4, 095m -04 hrs.
Morning walk leads you with views of Annapurna various peaks as the trail leads higher reaching higher elevation at Annapurna Base Camp within magnificent Annapurna peaks and Annapurna I.
After a good scenic walk reaching at Annapurna Base Camp for lunch with free afternoon to enjoy the mountain views.
Day 09: Rest day for acclimatization at Annapurna Base Camp.
Necessary day for acclimatization and preparation for Tent peak climb, at base camp our guide will teach and instructs you with some climbing techniques, rest of the day just relax and enjoy the surrounding views.
Day 10: Trek to Tent peak Base Camp 4,450 m / 14,600 ft - 05 hrs.
After Annapurna Base Camp, our route leads across snow-covered moraine rocky path and towards icy trail for an hour reaching at Annapurna south glacier.
Walk offers views of high peaks, after few hours of good trek reaching a flat ground to make our base with camps, first night camping in tents, afternoon free preparation for the climb.
Day 11: Trek to High Camp 5,200 m / 17,056 ft - 04 hrs.
Nepal Base Camp Trek allows more camps for safe and easy accessibility to reach the summit, from base camp heading further with steep climb over rock and glacier with lot of boulders; climb continues reaching high camp at 5,200 meters high, afternoon free preparation for the summit.
Day 12: Climb Tent Peak summit and return to Base Camp - 06 hrs.
Today a Big Day! Starting very early morning at the break of dawn as the climb leads over snow slope with technical section to reach the summit; our expert guide will fix ropes where necessary for the climb to reach the summit safely, after a hard and tough haul reaching the top with amazing views of high mountains that surrounds you, after feeling great and high on reaching our highlight and goal at the top of Tent Peak with super views, slowly descend back to base camp for last overnight in complete wilderness within giant peaks.
Day 13: Reserve and contingency day in case of bad weather.
Nepal Base Camp Trek allows an extra day as contingency in case of bad weather conditions which might occur sometimes around Himalaya, if all goes well can be used on the way back on route Chomrong or at Pokhara, making a short day and enjoyable walk along the way.
Day 14: Trek back to Annapurna Base Camp - 05 hrs.
Morning after breakfast from base camp, after cleaning up and packing head back to Annapurna Base Camp via an icy trail, a normal moderate walk of about five hours to overnight stop at Annapurna base camp in the comfort of lodge.
Day 15: Trek to Bamboo 2,050 m - 06 hours.
After grand time Tent Peak / Tharpu Chuli Climb around Annapurna Sanctuary, morning walk downhill all the way to Deurali, from here with few ups and downs back into tree lines reaching at Bamboo for overnight stop.
Day 16: Trek to Jhinu danda 1,700m via Chomrong - 06 hours.
From here a short steep climb to Khuldi Ghar, and on winding downhill through dense forest to Sinuwa danda. From here descend to Chomrong khola. After the bridge an uphill walk for less than an hour to reach Chomrong village. After Chomrong with half hour climb to the top of Chomrong ridge and then walk down to Jhinu danda for overnight stop. This village on a ridge offers refreshing bathe in hot springs which is just 20 minutes walk downhill by Modi River.
Day 17: Trek to Bhirethati 1,100 m and drive back top Pokhara.
Morning leads on downhill path for an hour to reach at another New Bridge (Nayapul) by the Modi River, from here following the River Modi downstream all the way to Bhirethati past Syali Bazaar / Bhatti on reaching at Syali or Bhirethati drive back to Pokhara.
Day 18: Drive / Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
After a great country walk on scenic Annapurna Sanctuary around Nepal Mid West, morning journey leads you with an exciting drive back to Kathmandu with few rest stops for refreshment and lunch, after 6 hours of good drive reaching back in Kathmandu.
Day 19: Final International departure homeward bound.
Last day in amazing Nepal with awesome time in the high hills around Annapurna Himalaya and Tent Trek / Tharpu Chuli Climb, our staff will transfer you to Kathmandu international airport for your final flight back homeward bound or to respective countries.
- Airport Pick up drop (Airport /Hotel/Airport) by private car/van/Bus.
- Hotel in Kathmandu: Two night's tourist standard Hotel in Katmandu with breakfast basis.
- Welcome dinner and farewell dinner in Kathmandu
- Meals During Trek: Your standard meals in mountain (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking. Tea or coffee four times a day in cup during the trek
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing (Kathmandu Darbar Square, Swayambhunath Stupa, Bouddhanath Stupa and Pashipati Temple
- Accommodation In Trekking: All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekking permit: 'Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) Permit. And Everest National park permits
- Toilet paper during the trek
- All necessary paper works.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by car/.
- Domestic Flight Ticket From Kathmandu to Lukla / Kahtmandu . Including airport Tax.
- Guide: An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide,
- Porters: Experience Trekking Porters (1 porter for 2 clients). And all Their well-paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter. (Guide flight Katmandu / Lukla/ Katmandu.)
- Adventure Certificate: Our Company provides Adventure Certificate.
- Arrangement of emergency helicopter service which will be paid by your travel insurance company. Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge
- Drop to airport by car/van/Bus
Cost does not include on:
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Katmandu). Your Travel and rescue insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All the Food in Kathmandu. Also in the case of early return from mountain (due to any reason) Than the scheduled Itinerary.
- All the expenses in mountain over than scheduled itinerary (due to strike, delay or canceled flight)
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu if arrive early or late departure than schedule Itinerary.
- All the Bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, bottle of water, hot water, shower.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
Size of group: 1-12 people
Fitness level: Moderate
Arrival on: Kathmandu, Nepal
Departure from: Kathmandu, Nepal
Selected Meals: Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals during the trek
Accommodation: Hotel in Kathmandu and tea houses during the trek
On 16 days Everest Base Camp Trek we experience the astounding iconic mountain views including Mount Everest and the glimpses of the life of the world famous Sherpa people (the climbers) after entering Sagarmatha National Park,a highest world heritage tour site of high altitude Himalayan Buddhist monasteries before accomplishing our unleash goal-reaching Everest Base Camp of the world's tallest peak ,Everest. Trip to the popular Everest Base Camp also provides us the lifetime opportunity to embark on an epic journey that Tenzing Norgay and Sir Edmund Hillary set off to in 1953.
Our 16 days itinerary of Everest Base Camp Trek is designed for those trekkers who are in good physical shape with good health. Some time if you wish to take much challenge and trek off the beaten trail, then Everest Base Camp Trek to Gokyo Lake valley via alternative Chola Pass would be ideal. Another option for trekkers with limit experienced time would be 14 day Everest Base Camp
Included in the Cost
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- 3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation during the Everest base camp trek
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu)
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/monument visits as per the itinerary
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek guide (6 trekkers: 1 assistant guide)
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation
- Down filled jacket and sleeping bag (to be returned after trip completion)
- Trekking bag/duffel bag, trekking pole and trekking map are yours to take
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes
We will be staying at Hotel International Guest House,a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu; and teahouses during the trek. All accommodations are on twin-shared basis during the trek. Twin sharing or Single supplement will be served in Kahmandu.
Nepal Base Camp Treks will arrange rooms with attached washrooms; however, teahouses in some places only have shared washing and toilet facilities. Also note that single rooms are readily available in Kathmandu and the trekking regions at lower elevation but it might be difficult to find them at higher elevations.
- All menu selected meals will be provided during trekking while only breakfast will be available in Kathmandu. There will also be welcome dinner with typical cuisine and Menu selected farewell dinners. While on trek, we have breakfast and dinner in the same tea-houses/lodges we spend the night and lunch on our way to the next destination. Nepalese, Tibetan, the more common continental and Indian cuisines are common choices in the menu.
- Physical Condition & Experience Requirements
- 16 days Everest Base Camp Trek is a moderate for those travelers who can walk up to 6-7 hours (10-15km) a day on an uphill and downhill trail will find this trek fulfilling. It is best that we prepare ourselves for the Everest trek by morning jogging and 1 hours exercising regularly at least a month prior to the start of the trek. Trekking to the Everest Base Camp should be relatively easier for those who have experience walking/trekking in a high altitude environment. Past hiking experience would be an asset but no technical skill is required for this trip. It is also important that we consult our doctor. Participants with pre-existing medical conditions such as heart, lung, and blood diseases should inform Himalayan Glacier before booking the trek.
- Best Time to Travel to Everest Base Camp Trek
- The best time to trek to the Everest Base Camp is spring (March to May) and autumn (October to first week of December). The temperature is moderate in these seasons and guarantees amazing panorama views through the trip. Although this trek can be undertaken during winter, the cold temperature might not be suitable for everyone.
|S.N.||Trip||Trip Dates||Price||Space Lece|
|1.||Everest Base Camp Trek||20 Dec/2016 - 20 Jan 2017||$ 1260||6||Book Now|