Yala Peak Climbing
“a scenic and enjoyable adventure on top Yala peak around beautiful Langtang valley”
“Interesting cultural sightseeing tour within historical areas of Kathmandu valley
Exciting and scenic drive towards Central Himalaya range around Langtang area
Exceptional views on daily walks visiting traditional Tamang villages of Buddhist culture
Pristine forest of tall rhododendron-pines-magnolia-oaks and fir trees a natural garden
An adventure of a lifetime on top stunning Yala Peak with super mountain panorama”
Brief Trip Outlook:
Mode of the Trip: On Hotels – Lodge and Camping on climb.
Trek Grade: Moderate to Adventurous.
Climbing Grade: PD (French and Swiss grading system for alpine climb)
Highest Altitude gain: On top Yala Summit at 5,732 m / 18,806 ft high.
Trek & Climb: 11 nights and 12 days (With drive both ways).
Total Trip: 14 Nights & 15 Days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu).
Best Season: All season except July & August wet months.
(March to May flowering season)
Yala Peak Trek & Climb leads you to overwhelming adventure around stunning Langtang valley where you will be surrounded with amphitheatre of snow-clad mountains with high rolling green hills.
This is purely an adventure for beginners and veteran climbers as practice climb and acclimatization before planning or joining other major mountaineering expeditions, as this is one of the shortest trip of two weeks, where you will closest within Central Himalaya range of Langtang Himal.
Yala Peak stands at above 5,732 m and 18,806 ft high offers tremendous panorama of mountains, hills and valley one of the less technical trekking peak to climb where the grade is PD the grading taken from French and Swiss Alpine climbing system.
Although a non technical peak to climb, but climbers has to be in good medical and physical shape with fully equipped ice-axe, crampons are required as well fix ropes in some sections of the climb, where our expert Nepal Base Camp guide will lead and support you all the way to the summit top and brig you safely back.
Yala Peak Trek & Climb a great introductory adventure for further advance mountaineering, this wonderful adventure leads you with an overland drive to reach at Rasuwa district around Langtang region, the home of Tamang native tribe of strong Tibetan influence in culture and Buddhist religion.
Walk leads you through enchanting forest covered with tall rhododendron and fir trees which is also the habitat of rare and elusive Red Panda and other wild-life, as the journey continues leaving the rich vegetation for arid and barren landscapes on a wide beautiful Langtang valley at Kyanjin Gompa with amazing views of snow peaks.
Adventure starts heading to the end of the valley for the climb on top of stunning Yala Peak after much rest, acclimatization and some practice, on feeling high with successful ascent heading back to Syabrubesi for the drive back to Kathmandu, where this great enjoyable and memorable adventure Yala Peak Trek & Climb concludes.
Yala Peak Trek & Climb offers tremendous panorama of Ganesh Himal (7,405 m) Langtang Lirung (7,234 m), Ghengu Liru or Langtang II (6,571m / 21,560ft), Kimshun (6,745m) Shalbachum (6,918 m) to the south, includes Naya-Kanga (5,846m) Gangchempo, Tilman’s beautiful Fluted Peak. Beyond it extends towards Jugal Himal, terminating at Dorje Lakpa (6,980m).
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu 1,315m | 4,270ft and transfer o hotel.
Day 02: In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour at places of interest.
Day 03: Drive to Syabrubesi 1,460 m – 07 hrs journey.
Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel 2, 350 m – 06 walks.
Day 05: Trek to Langtang village 3, 307m via Ghoretabela – 06 hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa 3,749 m – 04 hrs.
Day 07: Rest day at Kyanjin for acclimatization and hikes.
Day 08: Trek to Yala Peak Base Camp.
Day 09: Trek & Climb to Yala Summit 5,732 m / 18,806 ft to base camp.
Day 10: Reserve and contingency day in case of weather problem.
Day 11: Return to Kyangin Gompa – 05 hrs.
Day 12: Trek back to Lama Hotel 2, 350m – 07 hrs.
Day 13: Trek to Syabrubesi- 06 hrs.
Day 14: Drive back to Kathmandu – 06 hrs.
Day 15: International departure for home ward bound.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,327 m and transfer to hotel.
On reaching Kathmandu international airport via various respective airlines, our Nepal Base Camp Treks guide or staff will receive you with warm welcome and then a short drive to your hotel in the heart of Kathmandu city.
After checking in your hotel rooms and getting refreshed join at the hotel lobby for group briefing and orientation program where our guide informs you regarding hotels, Kathmandu, Nepali culture, Yala Peak Trek & Climb around Langtang with welcome dinner in a pleasant authentic Nepalese restaurant with culture program.
Day 02: In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour and trek preparations.
In Kathmandu morning after breakfast and at given time our city guide will pick you up for sightseeing tour around places of interest around Kathmandu old part of the city, Kathmandu is famous for world heritage sites with tour of Pashupatinath a holy temple, Bouddhanath Stupa a Buddhist pilgrimage spot or tour of Kathmandu old Durbar (palace) Square and ancient 2,500 years old Swayambhunath, afternoon free for Langtang Valley and Yala Peak Trek & Climb preparation.
Day 03: Drive to Syabrubesi 1,460 m - 07 hrs journey.
Morning an exciting drive towards Rasuwa district to Langtang region as the ride leads towards high hills of with views of Himalayan peaks and rolling green hills, passing through many farm villages and towns to reach at a nice Tamang village at Syabrubesi after passing through Dhunche town, where Langtang National Park begins.
Syabrubesi located in the shadow of massive Central Himal of Ganesh and Langtang mountain range, a door to many treks to Langtang and Ganesh Himal area and as well route to Tibet border.
Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel 2, 350 m - 06 hrs.
Our first day walk of this adventure leads to a bridge over Langtang Khola (river) later joins Trisuli River downstream. From here with uphill climb through scattered farm villages and terraces, and into a cool shade of forest reaching at Riverside a small settlement with few simple lodges, where the path from Upper or Thulo Syabru meets, after a rest or lunch break trek continues with a climb through beautiful forests of rhododendron, pines, bamboo tree lines, Langtang area is famous for rare and elusive Red Panda and other wildlife’s, after a good day’s walk reaching at Lama Hotel located in between forest surrounding and by the Langtang Khola.
Day 05: Trek to Langtang village 3, 307m via Ghoretabela - 06 hrs.
Morning walk leads higher into a river gorge within lovely woodlands of tall trees of pines, rhododendron and then following the river upstream past few houses and cattle herders shelters to reach cooler areas at Ghoretabela for lunch break, a nice spot with beautiful forest surrounding. From here 3 hours of good walk into forested area and then leaving the tree lines behind at Langtang village for overnight stop.
This is last permanent village before Kyanjin Gompa around Langtang Valley, with time to explore this interesting Tamang and Bhotias people village of Tibetan origin with similar life style interwoven into Buddhist religion and culture.
Day 06: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa 3,749 m - 04 hrs.
After a wonderful stop in Langtang village, morning walk leads to our highlight and main destination at Kyanjin, heading on winding uphill trail and as the deep gorge opens up into a wide beautiful valley with amazing views of snow capped mountains that surrounds Langtang valley, the path encounters several prayer or mani walls and then reaching at Kyanjin Gomba for two nights stop around this lovely valley shadowed by array of peaks with Langtang Lirung glacier just near from the lodges, and a cheese processing factory established some 35 years ago with help and support of Swiss assistance.
Day 07: Rest day at Kyanjin for acclimatization and hikes.
A perfect spot for rest day to acclimatize at this high altitude with many places for short hike and climb like to the hill top of Tsego and Kyanjin ri at over 4,000 meters top for better panorama of surrounding mountains.
From view point hill overlooking at Langtang Himal, beyond which lies Tibet. The major peaks include Ghengu Liru (Langtang II 6571m / 21,560ft), Langtang Lirung (7,425m / 23,765ft) Kimshun (6,745m / 22,137ft) and Shalbachum (6,918m / 22,699ft) to the south, the Chimsedang Lekh forms a ridge of peaks which includes Naya-Kanga 5,846m and Gangchempo, Tilman's beautiful Fluted Peak.
Beyond it continues to the Jugal Himal, ending with Dorje Lakpa (6,980m / 22,929ft), extending further east on the upper meadows of the Langtang range ends in a huge and massive mountain wall, forming the border with Tibet.
Day 08: Trek to Yala Peak Base Camp 4,400 m / 14,435 ft - 05 hours.
Morning leads to our highlight and main goal of the adventure to Yala Peak located at the end of Langtang valley, walk leads along rocky glacier and then to a steep climb through an icy trail to reach a flat camping area at Yala Peak base around 4,400m.
From base camp outstanding views of Ganchenpo, Naya Kang, Tserko Ri, Yala peak and others peaks with overnight in the comfort of spacious tents on camping for few days.
Day 09: Trek & Climb to Yala Summit 5,732 m / 18,806 ft to base camp.
Starting early morning before dawn for the big climb of this adventure, climb leads on steep slope of rocks and ice to the top of the summit depending on weather conditions. This peak is less technical but it takes nearly eight hours to reach the summit and back to base camp.
Our expert guide will lead you with safety measures with fix ropes and making ledges on slippery sections, till the climb is achieved on top 5,732 m high of Yala Peak.
From the summit facing striking views of Shishapangma, Dorje Lakpa, Ganchenpo, Naya Kanga, Tserko Ri, Langtang Lirung and many other mountains within Tibetan side also, after a enjoyable and marvelous time on top descend back safely to base camp.
Day 10: Reserve and contingency day in case of bad weather.
Nepal Base Camp Trek allows an extra day as contingency in case of bad weather conditions which might occur sometimes around Himalaya, if all goes well can be used on the way back on route Dhunche town, making short day walk along the way.
Day 11: Return to Kyangin Gompa -05 hrs.
Leaving Yala Peak base camp, trek to Kyanjin Gompa following the icy trail that steeply descends offering marvelous views of massif Himalaya, enjoying the rhododendron forests and cross the Langtang River gently ascend to reach at Kyangjn Gompa.
Day 12: Trek back to Lama Hotel 2, 350m - 07 hrs.
Catching the morning and last view of this beautiful area with high snow capped mountains, walk leads downhill to Lama Hotel using the same route with few short ups in between the walks.
Day 13: Trek to Syabrubesi- 06 hrs.
After a great superb time around Yala Peak Climb and Langtang valley, our last day walk of this fabulous trip leads downhill most of the way to reach the bridge above Bhote-Kosi (Upper Trisuli River) and then a pleasant walk back to Syabrubesi village.
Day 14: Drive back to Kathmandu - 06 hrs.
After a great country walk on the scenic trail to Langtang Valley around Central Himalaya, morning journey as the drive leads back to Kathmandu with few rest stops for refreshment and lunch, after 6 hours of good drive reaching back at busy city life in Kathmandu.
Day 15: Final International departure homeward bound.
Last day in amazing Nepal with awesome time in the high hills around Langtang Valley with Yala Peak Climb, our staff will transfer you to Kathmandu international airport for your final flight back homeward bound or to respective countries.
- Airport Pick up drop (Airport /Hotel/Airport) by private car/van/Bus.
- Hotel in Kathmandu: Two night's tourist standard Hotel in Katmandu with breakfast basis.
- Welcome dinner and farewell dinner in Kathmandu
- Meals During Trek: Your standard meals in mountain (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking. Tea or coffee four times a day in cup during the trek
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing (Kathmandu Darbar Square, Swayambhunath Stupa, Bouddhanath Stupa and Pashipati Temple
- Accommodation In Trekking: All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekking permit: 'Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) Permit. And Everest National park permits
- Toilet paper during the trek
- All necessary paper works.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by car/.
- Domestic Flight Ticket From Kathmandu to Lukla / Kahtmandu . Including airport Tax.
- Guide: An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide,
- Porters: Experience Trekking Porters (1 porter for 2 clients). And all Their well-paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter. (Guide flight Katmandu / Lukla/ Katmandu.)
- Adventure Certificate: Our Company provides Adventure Certificate.
- Arrangement of emergency helicopter service which will be paid by your travel insurance company. Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge
- Drop to airport by car/van/Bus
Cost does not include on:
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Katmandu). Your Travel and rescue insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All the Food in Kathmandu. Also in the case of early return from mountain (due to any reason) Than the scheduled Itinerary.
- All the expenses in mountain over than scheduled itinerary (due to strike, delay or canceled flight)
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu if arrive early or late departure than schedule Itinerary.
- All the Bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, bottle of water, hot water, shower.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
Size of group: 1-12 people
Fitness level: Moderate
Arrival on: Kathmandu, Nepal
Departure from: Kathmandu, Nepal
Selected Meals: Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals during the trek
Accommodation: Hotel in Kathmandu and tea houses during the trek
On 16 days Everest Base Camp Trek we experience the astounding iconic mountain views including Mount Everest and the glimpses of the life of the world famous Sherpa people (the climbers) after entering Sagarmatha National Park,a highest world heritage tour site of high altitude Himalayan Buddhist monasteries before accomplishing our unleash goal-reaching Everest Base Camp of the world's tallest peak ,Everest. Trip to the popular Everest Base Camp also provides us the lifetime opportunity to embark on an epic journey that Tenzing Norgay and Sir Edmund Hillary set off to in 1953.
Our 16 days itinerary of Everest Base Camp Trek is designed for those trekkers who are in good physical shape with good health. Some time if you wish to take much challenge and trek off the beaten trail, then Everest Base Camp Trek to Gokyo Lake valley via alternative Chola Pass would be ideal. Another option for trekkers with limit experienced time would be 14 day Everest Base Camp
Included in the Cost
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- 3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation during the Everest base camp trek
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu)
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/monument visits as per the itinerary
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek guide (6 trekkers: 1 assistant guide)
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation
- Down filled jacket and sleeping bag (to be returned after trip completion)
- Trekking bag/duffel bag, trekking pole and trekking map are yours to take
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes
We will be staying at Hotel International Guest House,a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu; and teahouses during the trek. All accommodations are on twin-shared basis during the trek. Twin sharing or Single supplement will be served in Kahmandu.
Nepal Base Camp Treks will arrange rooms with attached washrooms; however, teahouses in some places only have shared washing and toilet facilities. Also note that single rooms are readily available in Kathmandu and the trekking regions at lower elevation but it might be difficult to find them at higher elevations.
- All menu selected meals will be provided during trekking while only breakfast will be available in Kathmandu. There will also be welcome dinner with typical cuisine and Menu selected farewell dinners. While on trek, we have breakfast and dinner in the same tea-houses/lodges we spend the night and lunch on our way to the next destination. Nepalese, Tibetan, the more common continental and Indian cuisines are common choices in the menu.
- Physical Condition & Experience Requirements
- 16 days Everest Base Camp Trek is a moderate for those travelers who can walk up to 6-7 hours (10-15km) a day on an uphill and downhill trail will find this trek fulfilling. It is best that we prepare ourselves for the Everest trek by morning jogging and 1 hours exercising regularly at least a month prior to the start of the trek. Trekking to the Everest Base Camp should be relatively easier for those who have experience walking/trekking in a high altitude environment. Past hiking experience would be an asset but no technical skill is required for this trip. It is also important that we consult our doctor. Participants with pre-existing medical conditions such as heart, lung, and blood diseases should inform Himalayan Glacier before booking the trek.
- Best Time to Travel to Everest Base Camp Trek
- The best time to trek to the Everest Base Camp is spring (March to May) and autumn (October to first week of December). The temperature is moderate in these seasons and guarantees amazing panorama views through the trip. Although this trek can be undertaken during winter, the cold temperature might not be suitable for everyone.
|S.N.||Trip||Trip Dates||Price||Space Lece|
|1.||Everest Base Camp Trek||20 Dec/2016 - 20 Jan 2017||$ 1260||6||Book Now|