Pisang Peak Climbing
Pisang Peak Climbing Most Technical Hiamalya Expedition
Pisang Peak Climbing, one of the favorite trekking peaks around Nepal Himal among mountaineers and adventurer which is at the height of 6,091 m / 19,984 ft high, an attractive looking peak located above scenic and beautiful Manang valley around North West Himalaya.
The grade of Pisang Peak climb PD + from Swiss / French Alpine Grading System, which is a popular and most widely used on alpine climb means “Peu Difficile”, a straightforward climb with some technical difficulty in some section of the climbing route to its summit top.
Pisang Peak Climbing leads to an exciting climb worth the tough adventure where you will be rewarded with spectacular panorama of Northern Annapurna range of peaks, all peaks within Manang area including views of Manaslu Mountains towards east direction.
Starting this fabulous adventure to Pisang Peak with an overland drive from Kathmandu heading towards North West at Lamjung and Manang areas, where the walks begins after an interesting drive on the low hills around Lamjung district at Syange village beside raging glacial Marysangdi River.
Walk begins heading due north through impressive Buddhist cultural villages of Jagat-Dharapani and Chame headquarter town of Manang district with awesome scenery of beautiful landscapes of mountains and valley within pristine woodland of tall rhododendron-pines and fir trees, soon the tree lines vanish for short alpine bushes as our walk advance to higher areas at Pisang village of strong Tibetan Buddhist culture which is the main religion around Manang and Mustang areas trekking in himalaya.
Our walk leads above Pisang village to reach our main destination at Pisang Peak base camp for great and exciting climb to the top of this dome shaped Pisang Peak, where our expert guide will fully support you to reach your aim and goal all the way to the summit where your dreams becomes a reality feeling at the top of the world and in high spirit.
Pisang Peak Climb concludes after trekking around lovely Manang village and towards a high Annapurna Round Thorang-la pass to reach at Mustang area of holy Muktinath and Jomsom where we take a scenic short flight to picturesque Pokhara a popular touristic destination blessed with mountains and lakes.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu 1,315m | 4,270ft and transfer o hotel.
Day 02: In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour at places of interest.
Day 03: Drive to Jagat 1,290 m via Bhesisar 800 m – 08 hrs.
Day 04: Trek to Dharapani 1,920 m – 05 hours.
Day 05: Trek to Chame 2,670 m – 05 hours.
Day 06: Trek to Pisang 3, 230 m – 05 hrs.
Day 07: At Pisang rest day for acclimatization.
Day 08: Trek to Pisang Peak Base Camp at 4,380 m – 05 hrs.
Day 09: Trek and climb to High Camp at 5,400m.
Day 10: Climb of Pisang peak and return to BC or to Pisang village.
Day 11: Reserve day in case of unfavorable bad weather condition.
Day 12: Trek to Manang Village 3,450 m – 05 hrs.
Day 13: Trek to Yak Kharka 4,110 m – 04 hrs.
Day 14: Trek to Thorong High Camp 4,600 m – 04 hrs.
Day 15: Cross Thorong-La 5,416 m and to Muktinath 3,800 m – 07 hrs.
Day 16: Trek to Jomsom 2, 715 m – 04 hours.
Day 17: Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara 860 m – 25 mins flight.
Day 18: Drive back to Kathmandu – 06 hrs.
Day 19: International departure for home ward bound.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,327 m and transfer to hotel.
On reaching Kathmandu international airport via various respective airlines, our Nepal Base Camp Treks guide or staff will receive you with warm welcome and then a short drive to your hotel in the heart of Kathmandu city.
After checking in your hotel rooms and getting refreshed join at the hotel lobby for group briefing and orientation program where our guide informs you regarding hotels, Kathmandu, Nepali culture, with Pisang Peak Climb includes welcome dinner in a pleasant authentic Nepalese restaurant with culture program.
Day 02: In Kathmandu with sightseeing tour and trek preparations.
In Kathmandu morning after breakfast and at given time our city guide will pick you up for sightseeing tour around places of interest around Kathmandu old part of the city, Kathmandu is famous for world heritage sites with tour of Pashupatinath a holy temple, Bouddhanath Stupa a Buddhist pilgrimage spot or tour of Kathmandu old Durbar (palace) Square and ancient 2,500 years old Swayambhunath, afternoon free for Pisang Peak Trek and Climb preparation.
Day 03: Drive to Jagat 1,290 m via Bhesisar 800 m - 08 hrs.
Pisang Peak Climb adventure begins with an exciting drive towards Nepal’s Mid West around Lamjung and Manang region as the drive leads towards high hills of with views of Manaslu and Annapurna mountain and rolling green hills, passing through many farm villages and towns to reach at Bhesisar town, headquarter of Lamjung district, from here taking another vehicle for short drive to Jagat village following the raging Marysangdi River to reach our first overnight stop at nice small farm village of Jagat.
Day 04: Trek to Dharapani 1,920 m - 05 hours.
From Jagat village, starting our first morning walk of the adventure which leads on a gradual winding path to Chamje, and back at Marysangdi River to cross the eastern bank into forested area, with grand views of Annapurna and Manaslu mountains, as the walk progress to reach at Tal Besi a nice spot and village on a valley with views of cascading waterfalls, after lunch 2-3 hours walk brings ust at Dharapani village for overnight stop.
Dharapani a nice village located on the trail of Annapurna circuit and Manaslu route.
Day 05: Trek to Chame 2,670 m - 05 hours.
After a pleasant stop in the lovely village of more Tibetan Buddhist culture, our morning walk leads on a wide winding path through rhododendron and pine forested area past Bagachap and Danque village, as the walk reaches at Timang village with super views of Manaslu and Annapurna II. From Timang village few hours walk to Koto and then to Chame for overnight stop, Chame a major town and a head quarter of Manang district.
Day 06: Trek to Pisang 3, 230 m - 05 hrs.
From Chame onward air gets cooler and fresher as the walk leads close to mountains, leading through lovely thick rhododendron and pine tree lines, following the Marshyangdi River upstream with uphill to Dhukure Pokhari a small place with few teahouses overlooking Chulu’s and Pisang peak, with possible lunch break, walk downhill to lower Pisang village for overnight stop.
Day 07: Rest day at Pisang for local hikes and acclimatization.
Rest day in Pisang village for necessary acclimatization and physical fitness before heading high to Pisang Peak climb, on this day take a short hike around, as walking higher and sleeping at low altitude helps with acclimatization better.
This rest day also helps to plan the climb where our guide provides necessary information of the area, culture, religion and climbing skill required for the climb.
Day 08: Trek to Pisang Peak Base Camp 4,380m - 04 hrs.
After a pleasant rest day in Pisang village, our actual adventure starts heading north above Pisang village, as the tree lines drops for short few bushes around grazing land, called Kharka. Climb a high ridge above Pisang peak, our guide and staff will set base camp with camping equipments at 4,380 meters high, first night in tents meals prepared by our expert cook and kitchen staff.
Day 09: Trek and climb to High Camp 5,400 m - 03 hrs.
A short day but tough due to high altitude, morning walk follows a faint trail where few climbers and Yak herders hardly use this path to high camp, as the walk leads over rocks, ice and glacier to reach bottom of Pisang Peak where high camp is set for the climb.
Afternoon our guide will scout the area for safe accessible route to the summit fixing ropes and making ice ledges where necessary, High Camp situated on long ridge of Pisang Peak, under some conditions this area may be under snow, afternoon free to sort the gear with preparation for the early morning climb.
Day 10: Climb Pisang Peak and return to base camp time permitting to Pisang village.
Our highlight and goal of this adventure, starting at dawn climb over moraine and rubble of ice falls, following our lead guide reaching high above on a well defined ridge towards last snow slope, leading quite steeply without any difficulty but with some technical sections and then climb all the way to Pisang summit with great help and support of our expert guide. On reaching the summit take a rest and admire the beautiful panorama of whole Annapurna Mountains and towards north and west Chulu range with Damodar peaks as well beyond Chulu peaks, view of Manaslu in the eastern horizon.
After climb to the top at 6,091 m / 19,984 ft high, descend back to base camp, as time permits and in good physical shape after the climb head downhill to Pisang village.
Day 11: Reserve day in case of bad weather condition.
Nepal Base Camp reserve an extra day as contingency in case of unfavorable weather conditions, if all goes well this spare can be used on the way before Thorang-la or on route Jomsom.
Day 12: Trek to Manang 3,520 m - 05 hrs.
After successful climb of Pisang Peak, morning walk leads to long descend at the valley floor of Manang, walk along Marshyangdi River through Humde village with its small airstrip, from here on gradual path to Braga village, and then an hour walk leads to Manang a large thriving village, houses are built similar of Tibetan traditional way like in Pisang.
Day 13: Trek to Yak Kharka 4,110 m - 04 hours.
After an interesting and enjoyable time at Manang, morning walk leads towards Ghunsang village with uphill to Yak Kharka, an interesting walk around high barren terrain with super views of snow capped peaks, after crossing a river to reach at Yak Kharka a small settlement, offers views of Gangapurna, Annapurna III and Chulu Peaks.
Day 14: Trek to Thorong High Camp 4,600 m - 04 hrs.
As walk progress getting closer at the base of Thorang-la on crossing a small stream walk leads to a narrow path to cross a steep rocky slope and finally reaching at Thorung Phedi, an hour steep climb further brings at Thorang High Camp, staying here makes it easier for next day climb tor Thorang pass.
Day 15: Cross Thorong-La 5,416 m and to Muktinath 3,800 m - 07 hrs.
After early breakfast a strenuous climb to Thorang-la with steep winding path all the way to Thorung La Pass top at 5,416 m / 17,700 ft. The top offers mind fantastic panorama of landscapes and mountains, from the top a long descend leads to Muktinath at 3,800 m.
On reaching Muktinath check into a nice cozy lodge for overnight stop, Muktinath a holy place for both Hindus and Buddhists, the word Muktinath literally means ‘the place for Nirvana or Liberation’.
Day 16: Trek to Jomsom 2, 715 m - 04 hours.
After Muktinath, rest of the journey is easier with moderate walks all the way to Jomsom as the walk drops to 1,200m downhill to Kaligandaki river valley, this pleasant trail leading at vast Kaligandaki river valley.
From here onwards gets windy in the afternoon time, a few hours walk leads to Jomsom, headquarter town of Mustang region with an airstrip located above Kaligandaki River.
Here at Jomsom with last night in the mountain village, celebrate with local apple products like cider, brandy and juice, this area from Kagbeni onwards to Marpha & Larjung famous for delicious apples.
Day 17: Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara 860m - 20 mins flight.
Early breakfast and transfer to Jomsom airport for sweeping short flight of 25 minutes to Pokhara, during airborne spectacular views of Dhaulagiri, Nilgiris and Annapurna range of mountains and rolling hills dotted with farm villages,
On reaching Pokhara airport transfer to respective hotels by the pretty serene lake Phewa, afternoon free for individual activities or just relax and enjoy the views of Annapurna Himalaya.
Day 18: Drive back to Kathmandu - 06 hrs.
Catching morning views of Annapurna Himalaya and majestic Machhapuchare ‘the Fishtail peak’, taking an overland drive on a long winding downhill through interesting towns and villages, after an interesting drive reaching back in Kathmandu, and then transfer to your hotels around Thamel area, with free afternoon for individual activities.
Day 19: Final International departure homeward bound.
Last day in amazing Nepal with wonderful and enjoyable time on Pisang Peak Climb, our staff will transfer you to Kathmandu international airport for your final flight back homeward bound or to respective countries.
- Airport Pick up drop (Airport /Hotel/Airport) by private car/van/Bus.
- Hotel in Kathmandu: Two night's tourist standard Hotel in Katmandu with breakfast basis.
- Welcome dinner and farewell dinner in Kathmandu
- Meals During Trek: Your standard meals in mountain (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking. Tea or coffee four times a day in cup during the trek
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing (Kathmandu Darbar Square, Swayambhunath Stupa, Bouddhanath Stupa and Pashipati Temple
- Accommodation In Trekking: All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekking permit: 'Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) Permit. And Everest National park permits
- Toilet paper during the trek
- All necessary paper works.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by car/.
- Domestic Flight Ticket From Kathmandu to Lukla / Kahtmandu . Including airport Tax.
- Guide: An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide,
- Porters: Experience Trekking Porters (1 porter for 2 clients). And all Their well-paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter. (Guide flight Katmandu / Lukla/ Katmandu.)
- Adventure Certificate: Our Company provides Adventure Certificate.
- Arrangement of emergency helicopter service which will be paid by your travel insurance company. Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge
- Drop to airport by car/van/Bus
Cost does not include on:
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Katmandu). Your Travel and rescue insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All the Food in Kathmandu. Also in the case of early return from mountain (due to any reason) Than the scheduled Itinerary.
- All the expenses in mountain over than scheduled itinerary (due to strike, delay or canceled flight)
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu if arrive early or late departure than schedule Itinerary.
- All the Bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, bottle of water, hot water, shower.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
Size of group: 1-12 people
Fitness level: Moderate
Arrival on: Kathmandu, Nepal
Departure from: Kathmandu, Nepal
Selected Meals: Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals during the trek
Accommodation: Hotel in Kathmandu and tea houses during the trek
On 16 days Everest Base Camp Trek we experience the astounding iconic mountain views including Mount Everest and the glimpses of the life of the world famous Sherpa people (the climbers) after entering Sagarmatha National Park,a highest world heritage tour site of high altitude Himalayan Buddhist monasteries before accomplishing our unleash goal-reaching Everest Base Camp of the world's tallest peak ,Everest. Trip to the popular Everest Base Camp also provides us the lifetime opportunity to embark on an epic journey that Tenzing Norgay and Sir Edmund Hillary set off to in 1953.
Our 16 days itinerary of Everest Base Camp Trek is designed for those trekkers who are in good physical shape with good health. Some time if you wish to take much challenge and trek off the beaten trail, then Everest Base Camp Trek to Gokyo Lake valley via alternative Chola Pass would be ideal. Another option for trekkers with limit experienced time would be 14 day Everest Base Camp
Included in the Cost
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- 3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation during the Everest base camp trek
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu)
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/monument visits as per the itinerary
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek guide (6 trekkers: 1 assistant guide)
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation
- Down filled jacket and sleeping bag (to be returned after trip completion)
- Trekking bag/duffel bag, trekking pole and trekking map are yours to take
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes
We will be staying at Hotel International Guest House,a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu; and teahouses during the trek. All accommodations are on twin-shared basis during the trek. Twin sharing or Single supplement will be served in Kahmandu.
Nepal Base Camp Treks will arrange rooms with attached washrooms; however, teahouses in some places only have shared washing and toilet facilities. Also note that single rooms are readily available in Kathmandu and the trekking regions at lower elevation but it might be difficult to find them at higher elevations.
- All menu selected meals will be provided during trekking while only breakfast will be available in Kathmandu. There will also be welcome dinner with typical cuisine and Menu selected farewell dinners. While on trek, we have breakfast and dinner in the same tea-houses/lodges we spend the night and lunch on our way to the next destination. Nepalese, Tibetan, the more common continental and Indian cuisines are common choices in the menu.
- Physical Condition & Experience Requirements
- 16 days Everest Base Camp Trek is a moderate for those travelers who can walk up to 6-7 hours (10-15km) a day on an uphill and downhill trail will find this trek fulfilling. It is best that we prepare ourselves for the Everest trek by morning jogging and 1 hours exercising regularly at least a month prior to the start of the trek. Trekking to the Everest Base Camp should be relatively easier for those who have experience walking/trekking in a high altitude environment. Past hiking experience would be an asset but no technical skill is required for this trip. It is also important that we consult our doctor. Participants with pre-existing medical conditions such as heart, lung, and blood diseases should inform Himalayan Glacier before booking the trek.
- Best Time to Travel to Everest Base Camp Trek
- The best time to trek to the Everest Base Camp is spring (March to May) and autumn (October to first week of December). The temperature is moderate in these seasons and guarantees amazing panorama views through the trip. Although this trek can be undertaken during winter, the cold temperature might not be suitable for everyone.
|S.N.||Trip||Trip Dates||Price||Space Lece|
|1.||Everest Base Camp Trek||20 Dec/2016 - 20 Jan 2017||$ 1260||6||Book Now|