Rara Lake Trek
Rara Lake Trek / South Trekking Route
Rara Lake Trek, Nepal Base Camp Treks offers a cultural and scenic adventure in Far North West around Jumla and Mugu district at Rara Lake, which is largest Lake in Nepal Himalaya of 10.8 sq kms)at an altitude 2,990 meter high, located within pristine environment, where few western trekkers venture due to its remoteness.
Adventure to Rara Lake Trek begins with scenic flight to Nepalgunj at Nepal Far South West around warm area at Nepalgunj city, and then taking another short flight to Jumla, a headquarter town of Jumla itself located far north west Nepal, as our walk leads to Mugu District as well.
Rara Lake protected by Rara National Park which is one of smallest park of the country, where altitude range from 1,800m to 4,048 m of pristine coniferous forest, blue pine, black juniper, Himalayan spruce, oak, Himalayan cypress and other related species.
This serene wilderness an ideal habitat for musk deer, other wildlife includes Himalayan black bear, leopard, goral, Himalayan Thar and wild boar, snow trout is the only fish species recorded in the deep serene Rara Lake Trek.
Resident Gallinaceous birds and migrant waterfowl are also quite commonly sighted around the lake area Trekking in himalaya.
This wonderful journey starting with a scenic flight to warm tropic at Nepalgunj city in Nepal’s Far South West, and then taking another sweeping flight to land in Jumla where our walk begins to Rara Lake visiting, the trail leads through interesting villages of Hindu Thakuri Malla and Tibetan influenced tribes with rich old traditions and custom, walk leads with amazing views of high snow capped mountains.
After a nice great trekking reaching at Rara Lake with time to marvel its spectacular scenery and surrounding in complete wilderness with views of distant mountains, after an enjoyable time around Rara Lake our return journey heading back to Jumla via Pina 2,580m, Jhyari, Chauta 2,770 m over Ghurchi Lagna pass 3,460 m, the highest point of the journey, and then on downhill to Jumla via Tharamara 3,270 m high ridge for the flight back to Kathmandu through Nepalgunj, after a most mesmerizing and wonderful moment on Rara Lake trekking with great service and arrangement of Nepal Base Camp Trek.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu 1,315m | 4,270ft and transfer o hotel.
Day 02: Morning free and then fly to Nepalgunj city on route Dolpo.
Day 03: Fly to Jumla 2,370 m trek to Charya Chaur 2,800m- 04 hrs.
Day 04: Trek on route Botan via unnamed pass at 3,500 m – 06 hrs
Day 05: Trek to Botan 2, 680m via Sinja Khola 2,440 m -06 hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Ghorasain near Rara Lake 3,190 m – 04 hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Rara Lake 2,980 m – 06 hrs.
Day 08: At Rara Lake rest day for excursion around the lake
Day 09: Trek to Pina 2,580m via Jhyari – 05 hrs.
Day 10: Trek to Chauta 2,770 m via Ghurchi Lagna pass 3,460 m.
Day 11: Trek to Tharamara 3,270 m – 06 hrs.
Day 12: Trek back to Jumla – 06 hrs.
Day 13: Fly back to Kathmandu via Nepalgunj.
Day 14: In Kathmandu free day with optional sightseeing tour.
Day 15: International departure for home ward bound.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,327 m and transfer to hotel.
On reaching Kathmandu international airport via various respective airlines, our Nepal Base Camp Treks guide or staff will receive you with warm welcome and then a short drive to your hotel in the heart of Kathmandu city.
After checking in your hotel rooms and getting refreshed join at the hotel lobby for group briefing and orientation program where our guide informs you regarding hotels, Kathmandu, Nepali culture, Rara Lake Trekking with welcome dinner in a pleasant and authentic Nepalese restaurant with culture program.
Day 02: Morning free and then fly to Nepalgunj city on route Dolpo.
In Kathmandu morning free with preparation for Rara Lake Trekking, as per the flight time transfer to Kathmandu domestic airport for sweeping 50 mins flight to Far South West Nepal at Nepalgunj city, a warm semi-tropical climate area close to Indian border on reaching at Nepalgunj transfer to a nice hotel within the city area, with time for short walk around.
Day 03: Fly to Jumla 2,540 m then trek to Chauriya Chaur 3,055 - 05 hrs.
Early breakfast for another short connecting flight to Jumla, on reaching Jumla after 40 minutes on air, received by our trekking staff that has traveled here taking a long overland drive and walks, Jumla main headquarter town of Jumla district.
From Jumla start the trek with a short climb walking past nice farm villages to reach our first overnight camp at Chauriya Chaur a nice farm village on route Rara Lake.
Day 04: Trek on route Botan beneath unnamed pass 3,500 m.
After a lovely morning, our journey starts with an uphill climb into rhododendron, birch and pine tree lined serene forest and then heading towards an unnamed green meadow ridge top and a pass sometimes it’s called Jaljala offering fabulous views of Kanjiroba Himal towards North East. Walk continues through tranquil wilderness then on the downhill path for couple of hours through cool forest and reaching on the summer grazing pasture area for the overnight camp in this nice, pleasant spot.
Day 05: Trek to Botan 2, 680m via Sinja Khola 2,440 m - 06 hrs.
Today's walk leads to downhill walk to Sinja for few hours and then following Jaljala Khola (stream) downstream through a forest with dense pine forest and walking past terraced farm fields and terraces, to reach at Sinja village, with a very old ruin temple and monuments, ancient sculptured stones which is covered in moss and weeds, and from here walk follows the river upstream, reaching at Ganj a small village and then our route leads through an impressive gorge to our overnight camp at Botan village, with time for short walk around.
Day 06: Trek to Ghorasain 3,190 m - 04 hrs.
As the walk progress, our walk today is only for half day of three to four hours, as the morning walk starts after leaving Sinja Khola then following another stream of Ghatte Khola towards North- Eastwards towards a short uphill, then coming at pretty small valley and into farmlands with primitive water mills which is used for grinding corns, wheat’s into fine flour for breads, from here reaching our overnight camp on the border rim of Rara National Park at a small village of Ghorasain, this place with police post, after the camp is set, afternoon free for short walk around and just relax and catch up with the dairy.
Day 07: Trek to Rara Lake 2,980m - 06 hrs.
Walk today heading to our final destination on Nepal largest lake at Rara, starting the morning walk in this serene environment from Ghorasain camp, heading uphill with a climb all the way to Chuchemara Danda at 4, 260 meters, on reaching the top ridge with awesome panorama of surrounding country landscapes and magnificent views of snow capped mountains towards north, after enjoying the marvelous views walk leads to a descend looking down at beautiful Rara Lake through forest of bamboo and birch trees, then crossing at Khatyar Khola walking along upstream of this crystal clear stream to our overnight camp at Rara Lake shore.
Day 08: Rest day at Rara Lake for local excursion around.
After a week of good walk, a rest day here at Rara an ideal spot for local exploration and to relax, after a leisure morning an optional walk around or climb a wooden tower for panorama of the emerald picturesque lake and surrounding hills with distance snow capped mountain views.
Day 09: Trek to Pina via Jhyari 2,580 m - 05 hrs.
Morning starting the journey back with an enjoyable and pleasant time in Rara lake and its surrounding, today a good, moderate trek on the path leading to a ridge top at Jhyari small village, from here onwards walk follows Jhyari Bira Khola downstream for a short time then crossing Dhauligar Khola valley, following this Dhauligar Khola (stream) all the way to Pina for our overnight camp, this is small farm village with police post and a some houses serving as lodge and local tea shops.
Day 10: Trek to Chauta 2,770 m via Ghurchi-Lagna 3,460m - 06 hrs. From this village Pina, our walk continues with an uphill climb into tranquil and enchanting forest with excellent views of landscapes and mountains towards north, then with a gradual climb to reach at Ghurchi- Lagna pass the highest point of this fabulous journey, this place with several chortens
(a Buddhist monuments) and festooned with prayer flags, from here our route descends across alpine meadows and pastures, into walnut groves and then leading to a steep and narrow valley all the way to Chauta village for the overnight camp, this small place with shops and houses serving as lodge for local and individual travelers and trekkers.
Day 11: Trek to Tharamara 3,270 m - 06 hrs.
After a nice stop in this village of Chauta, our journey leads following
Sinja khola through Bumra and then past a small lodge and tea-shop and health clinic walking under the overhanging rock at Kamra, this is a source of an important herbal medicinal mineral called as Silaji.
From this spot on the downhill walk towards Sinja Khola, and then reaching at Nyawre village, after a nice break here our walk continues following the river upstream and then coming to an uphill walk of about 600 meters climb to Tharamara for overnight camp, this place with nice pasture land with pristine surrounding.
Day 12: Trek back to Jumla - 06 hrs.
Our final day trek back to Jumla of this wonderful trip, morning starts with a pleasant descend to a nice green valley and into pristine alpine forests of rhododendron, oaks and pines trees, then reaching to a fertile agriculture tended valley, then walk leads past little villages of Padmara following the same river most of the way to Jumla town for the last overnight stop, after a wonderful circuit and around the Jumla and Muga area, and then back to Jumla town with late afternoon free for walk to browse around this main busy market town.
Day 13: Fly back to Kathmandu via Nepalgunj.
Morning as per the flight time to Nepalgunj transfer to Jumla airstrip after bidding farewell to our camping staff and porters, a short scenic flight brings your south at Nepalgunj for short transit stop and then fly back to Kathmandu with panorama views of mountains during airborne and then on reaching at Kathmandu domestic airport transfer back to your hotels with afternoon free at leisure.
Day 14: In Kathmandu free day with optional sightseeing tour.
Nepal Base Camp Trek reserves this day as contingency or free day in case of flight delay and cancellation in Jumla, which can occur sometimes due bad and unfavorable weather conditions which is beyond our control.
If all goes well using this spare day for optional tour at places of interest around old heritage sites of Kathmandu-Patan or Bhaktapur, with rest of the day free for individual activities and shopping souvenirs.
Day 15: Final International departure homeward bound.
Last day in amazing Nepal with awesome adventure around Rara Lake Trekking, our staff will transfer you to Kathmandu international airport for your final flight back homeward bound or to respective countries.
- Airport Pick up drop (Airport /Hotel/Airport) by private car/van/Bus.
- Hotel in Kathmandu: Two night's tourist standard Hotel in Katmandu with breakfast basis.
- Welcome dinner and farewell dinner in Kathmandu
- Meals During Trek: Your standard meals in mountain (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking. Tea or coffee four times a day in cup during the trek
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing (Kathmandu Darbar Square, Swayambhunath Stupa, Bouddhanath Stupa and Pashipati Temple
- Accommodation In Trekking: All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekking permit: 'Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) Permit. And Everest National park permits
- Toilet paper during the trek
- All necessary paper works.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by car/van
- Guide: An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide
- Porters: Experience Trekking Porters (1 porter for 2 clients). And all Their well-paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter.
- Adventure Certificate: Our Company provides Adventure Certificate.
- Arrangement of emergency helicopter service which will be paid by your travel insurance company, Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge
- Drop to airport by car/van/Bus
- Nepal Visa fee ( Nepal provides on arrival visa in Immigration, bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs,)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Meal in city like Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Extra calculate for additional programs as per above itinerary.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Local donation & Tips for guides and porters.
- Personal expenses (Pot of tea, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
Size of group: 1-12 people
Fitness level: Moderate
Arrival on: Kathmandu, Nepal
Departure from: Kathmandu, Nepal
Selected Meals: Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals during the trek
Accommodation: Hotel in Kathmandu and tea houses during the trek
On 16 days Everest Base Camp Trek we experience the astounding iconic mountain views including Mount Everest and the glimpses of the life of the world famous Sherpa people (the climbers) after entering Sagarmatha National Park,a highest world heritage tour site of high altitude Himalayan Buddhist monasteries before accomplishing our unleash goal-reaching Everest Base Camp of the world's tallest peak ,Everest. Trip to the popular Everest Base Camp also provides us the lifetime opportunity to embark on an epic journey that Tenzing Norgay and Sir Edmund Hillary set off to in 1953.
Our 16 days itinerary of Everest Base Camp Trek is designed for those trekkers who are in good physical shape with good health. Some time if you wish to take much challenge and trek off the beaten trail, then Everest Base Camp Trek to Gokyo Lake valley via alternative Chola Pass would be ideal. Another option for trekkers with limit experienced time would be 14 day Everest Base Camp
Included in the Cost
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- 3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Teahouse accommodation during the Everest base camp trek
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu)
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/monument visits as per the itinerary
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek guide (6 trekkers: 1 assistant guide)
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation
- Down filled jacket and sleeping bag (to be returned after trip completion)
- Trekking bag/duffel bag, trekking pole and trekking map are yours to take
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes
We will be staying at Hotel International Guest House,a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu; and teahouses during the trek. All accommodations are on twin-shared basis during the trek. Twin sharing or Single supplement will be served in Kahmandu.
Nepal Base Camp Treks will arrange rooms with attached washrooms; however, teahouses in some places only have shared washing and toilet facilities. Also note that single rooms are readily available in Kathmandu and the trekking regions at lower elevation but it might be difficult to find them at higher elevations.
- All menu selected meals will be provided during trekking while only breakfast will be available in Kathmandu. There will also be welcome dinner with typical cuisine and Menu selected farewell dinners. While on trek, we have breakfast and dinner in the same tea-houses/lodges we spend the night and lunch on our way to the next destination. Nepalese, Tibetan, the more common continental and Indian cuisines are common choices in the menu.
- Physical Condition & Experience Requirements
- 16 days Everest Base Camp Trek is a moderate for those travelers who can walk up to 6-7 hours (10-15km) a day on an uphill and downhill trail will find this trek fulfilling. It is best that we prepare ourselves for the Everest trek by morning jogging and 1 hours exercising regularly at least a month prior to the start of the trek. Trekking to the Everest Base Camp should be relatively easier for those who have experience walking/trekking in a high altitude environment. Past hiking experience would be an asset but no technical skill is required for this trip. It is also important that we consult our doctor. Participants with pre-existing medical conditions such as heart, lung, and blood diseases should inform Himalayan Glacier before booking the trek.
- Best Time to Travel to Everest Base Camp Trek
- The best time to trek to the Everest Base Camp is spring (March to May) and autumn (October to first week of December). The temperature is moderate in these seasons and guarantees amazing panorama views through the trip. Although this trek can be undertaken during winter, the cold temperature might not be suitable for everyone.
|S.N.||Trip||Trip Dates||Price||Space Lece|
|1.||Everest Base Camp Trek||20 Dec/2016 - 20 Jan 2017||$ 1260||6||Book Now|